free website stats program Motorcycle Lift | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Lift

96 Fatboy w/Revtech 100cid (4x4) my balance point in rear leg @ transmission and 1' spacers to clear engine oil pan

i use this jack to lift the tri-glide, along with a 2 1/2 ton jack for the rear under the tour pack. the harbor freight jack lifts the front end up
(center of gravity on thje tri-glide is too far back) past the frame.
i cut a couple of 2x6's 8" long & screwed them together, along with a 1'2" board cut with a 4" hole saw to fit into the jack . then you can easily jack up the rear-end & the trike is stable.

My J&S jack is bigger, sturdier & $pendier than your HF...:s

There, now that we got this out of the way, the HF jack's OK for the "weekend warrior" and one of the better economical jacks for the $$$. Honestly, I have the luxury of our Omaha HF store being ~1/2-hr ride from home so ended up going there to check out this yellow jack + the aluminum m/c one as well. Personally, I didn't like the quality of either (sorry) and the yellow locking mechanism was something to be desired. Also, I wanted a jack to lift my touring bike w/o "blocking" under the tires/stand (just roll & pump). I also took home a Larin m/c jack from TSC because it claimed to be low profile & it still didn't fit under the FLHX frame. This is why I $pent the big buck$ on a J&S so yes it might be more $$$ than most want to invest, but (1) I roll & lift my bike all over the garage (2) this thing's built like a tank & (3) I never worry about bike falling down while stored. Can't put a price on "peace of mind." Again, JMO so look/buy/use what you wish - I'm not gonna knock it & will still be your forum buddy...:D

There, now that we got this out of the way, the HF jack's OK for the "weekend warrior" and one of the better economical jacks for the $$$. Honestly, I have the luxury of our Omaha HF store being ~1/2-hr ride from home so ended up going there to check out this yellow jack + the aluminum m/c one as well. Personally, I didn't like the quality of either (sorry) and the yellow locking mechanism was something to be desired. Also, I wanted a jack to lift my touring bike w/o "blocking" under the tires/stand (just roll & pump). I also took home a Larin m/c jack from TSC because it claimed to be low profile & it still didn't fit under the FLHX frame. This is why I $pent the big buck$ on a J&S so yes it might be more $$$ than most want to invest, but (1) I roll & lift my bike all over the garage (2) this thing's built like a tank & (3) I never worry about bike falling down while stored. Can't put a price on "peace of mind." Again, JMO so look/buy/use what you wish - I'm not gonna knock it & will still be your forum buddy...:D

+1 Totally agree.

Cool, now to convince the wife this is a good thing to have...:s

That sould be easy. Get a quote on servicing your bike and show it to her.
Then show her the cost of doing it yourself.

My dad bought the Craftsman Professional 1500 lb. Motorcycle/ATV Jack a few years ago. Works great. Some people say that the bike seems unstable, yet my old man would literally spin the bike around in his garage and never had issues.

Craftsman Motorcycle Jack: Lift it Steady, Lift it Right with Sears

I see your Craftsman a raise you a Pit Bull. By far rhe best Lift I have ever used.
PITBULL-STANDARD-MANUAL-LIFT.jpg

I have a HF lift and it works OK. Over the years it's become very unstable. I have a HF store a few towns away yet, Like you I chose another lift made in the USA designed by Motorcycle enthusiasts. The J&S was one that I considered. In the end I went with the Pit Bull. It is an awesome lift.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, she was all for the ideal because I have been doing my own work on the bike since I got it. Love taht woman!! It is ordered and shipped...for the price, it is the way to go for me. Maybe down the road I will pass it on to a friend and upgrade to J$S or $$Pitbull, but for now, this will work well. Thanks all.

LOL, she was all for the ideal because I have been doing my own work on the bike since I got it. Love taht woman!! It is ordered and shipped...for the price, it is the way to go for me. Maybe down the road I will pass it on to a friend and upgrade to J$S or $$Pitbull, but for now, this will work well. Thanks all.

May it serve you well. As for my HF ligft. I plum wore it out.

Good luck

Back