free website stats program Motorcycle Lift | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Lift

Bikergeek

I just bought an Lightweight Aluminum motorcycle lift (item #94715) from Harbor Freight Tools to be used on my '08 FLSTC. Got a great deal on it!

Has anyone bought one of these and what are your thoughts on the use of these types of lifts? Using it with straps, are they safe to use? Reliable?

This site has lifts analized to the hilt just type in something on the search line and you can read for days

I am troubled by the words "lightweight" and "aluminum" but have not seen that lift myself. I did look at another lift at Harbor Freight and was not impressed with the quality, so I sprung for the J&S lift and am glad I did. It holds my Road King in place without any ties, and is solid as a rock even if I climb up there.

I haven't used one, but I just looked at it on their site. It looks pretty good, and for the price should be sturdy. Yes, use straps for added safety. I didn't see any mechanical lock on it. If it doesn't have a means to lock it in up positions, I wouldn't leave a bike on it when unattended.

I am troubled by the words "lightweight" and "aluminum" but have not seen that lift myself. I did look at another lift at Harbor Freight and was not impressed with the quality, so I sprung for the J&S lift and am glad I did. It holds my Road King in place without any ties, and is solid as a rock even if I climb up there.

I too got the J&S lift...best money spent for my HD "investment". I love my bike and did not want to take the chance of having to pick it up from falling off a cheap lift...JMHO

Most of the Motorcycle Lifts discussed are steel. I am sure if you go with the aluminum one that you post up your thoughts and pictures of how it performed, how high above the floor you work most comfortably with, overall stability and of course pictures!

Saw it at the local HF outlet, looks OK
Get some Tie downs, and some strap extionsions, so you dont have the tie down hooks on the bike. Hook the tie downs to some study points on the wall/ ceiling( install eyebolts) Remember to loosen any tough bolts while it is on the ground..

Saw it at the local HF outlet, looks OK
Get some Tie downs, and some strap extionsions, so you dont have the tie down hooks on the bike. Hook the tie downs to some study points on the wall/ ceiling( install eyebolts) Remember to loosen any tough bolts while it is on the ground..

My intentions are to install tie down hooks on the wall and ceilings.

Back