free website stats program motorcycle jacks | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

motorcycle jacks

I originally started off with the Yellow HF jack. If I knew about the adapter modification in order to lift a Dyna frame, I probably would still be using it today. It is a lot of jack for $70 & I don't think it can be matched for that price.

Granted I have never seen a crazy release valve design such as the one used on that hydraulic unit but other than that, it was a pretty good jack.

I HAVE THAT SAME JACK AS YOU, BUT AM NOT AWARE OF THE UPGRADE UR TALKING ABOUT, MINE IS ABOUT 3YRS OLD HEAVYDUTY 1/2" STRAP METAL CONSTRUCTION. i HAVE NEW ROADGLIDE ULTRA ON IT NOW AND IT FITS WITH THE WIDER FRAME ON THE ULTRA BUT HAD TO POSITION IT JUST RIGHT ON THEIR FOR FRONT TO REAR BALANCE.

I recieved a Harbor Frieght (HF) lift table from the lovely Mrs. Slapp for Christmas and for our wedding annaversary (this past Monday) I recieved the HF wheel chock, the one that is sorta like the pit bull stand. I bolted that to the lift table along with two extra tie down loops. Now I can just roll the bike on to the lift table, the wheel stand holds the bike straight, I have three different points to tie the bike to the stand (front back or middle) depending on where I am working on the bike. I can now put a small flat motorcycle scissor jack under bike to lift rear tire if needed for cleaning or removal of rear wheel or lift towards front for service of front wheel or just let it stand there for general service/cleaning. Cost to me zero dollars, for the misses just a little over 300 bucks as she used the special coupons from American Iron motorcycle mags. Stand $279 on sale, originally $400, wheel chock with 20% off coupon about 40 bucks I had the extra tie down points and scissor lift already.
I now have a complete service table for the garage to pretty much do whatever needs to be done for any bike. As a side note I also have a craftsman MC jack that I have had for over 15 years with not one problem ever.

I have a Sears Craftsman that I bought on sale for approx. 100 bucks back in 2006. Use it 5 or 6 times a year to clean the whitewalls. A nice lift but then I have nothing to compare it to

I was at Harbor Freight (Port Huron), Kemo's favourite place :lolrolling)on Friday and bought another bike jack,they are on sale for $69.95 plus a lady gave me a 20% off any item coupon while I was standing in line.

They also have the bike-pro knock-off wheel chocks on sale for $39.95 in case anyone out there needs one.

That HF yellow wonder works fine and probably the best deal with that price and discount coupon. :guitar

guess i need a lift, can thes be easily stored out of the way in a smaller garage?

Do like I did and recess your lift into the floor. I think it is the best way to go. The only things to remember are that you need to allow for a 5-6 inch decrease in lifting height from the specs and you may have to fill the hole in before you sell your house. Look at the Handy lifts that ride on the frame when they rise rather than rolling on wheels like the lower end models.

guess i need a lift, can thes be easily stored out of the way in a smaller garage?

My Bike shed is 12ft x 8ft and when i built my own workbench which is 8ft long i left sufficent space between the legs to house my bike lift
However time moves on and i now have 2 lifts and a stand and another shed with bikes in it but that is just a store shed

Brian

Back