free website stats program motorcycle jacks | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

motorcycle jacks

I've got my Harbor Freight jack "fine tuned" by removing that foot lever and lightly making a few passes with a 4" disc grinder on the stub that makes contact with the valve. Whoever disigned the way that lowering control works had it all backwards. I.e,. push hard and rapid to come down slow, and light if you want your bike to drop (free fall) to the floor! Always have your kick stand down.

Whoever disigned the way that lowering control works had it all backwards.

Yep. I have been around hydraulic jacks for decades and have never seen anything like it before. It's really a safety hazard if you ask me, but somehow they continue to make it like that.

IMG_2933.jpg this is the Pro-Lift jack that I use, very stable and easy to move the bike with, it has a 1500 weight lift, 16 " height, weighs 85# best test was moving a street glide down the pamp from a trailer and push it into the dealer's shop to unload the bike to thier platfoarm as the bike was in a wreck and had a broken fork. Paid $130.00 but again well worth it.http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH6nNkacpTQ

I just purchased the Pitbull lift and it is everything it is advertised to be. But like everyone said, it is really a personal preference and a $$$ thing.

I have 2 Craftsman jacks, one I've had for a little ove 8 years. I bought the first for my 02 Fatboy, to do minor maintenance and cleaning. The second I bought in 06 cuz I decided to build a Big Bear Chopper Devil's Advocate. Using it to balance a Pro Street chopper in the build stage was a challenge, but the jack held up fine. Now I only have my 09 Street Glide and the jack (both) still works fine...no balancing issues since I've ID'd the right balance point for the bike. I agree with wsch6349, it's a personal preference and $$$ thing.

If you want the Craftsman jack Sunday night would be a good time to buy it after 6 pm @ friends and family night you can get an extra 10 per cent off:s

Back