free website stats program motorcycle jacks | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

motorcycle jacks

Seems you've researched this well; Very nice to be able to choose between a Pitbull and a J&S. It comes down to choice of features and which matter to you:
Pitbull heavier at 117 lbs; (will you need to carry or move it by lifting) vs J&S at 88 lbs
J&S offers an oil pan adaptor; Pitbull has 360 turn table, is one or the other likely to be more useful to you?
One seems to have a larger footprint, is that a concern? Probably not!
Both use a 6 ton hydraulic jack, but do not disclose source/manufacturer. If one is sourced overseas and other domestic, the domestic would trump my choice.

Having looked at several lifts in the $100 range, in my view the Harbor Freight yellow is the best in this price range, and excellent value. Purchased on sale and having used it half a dozen or so times, including rear wheel removal, I’ve got my ROI (return on investment) and am quite satisfied. It has served my needs very well. Given the funds, of course I’d rather have the $339 USA made Big Wheel Motorcycle Lift!

I got the yellow HF one also...but just use it for storing the bike upright and then can push it closer to the wall. 2nd year for me

I have the Sears yellow jack. I originally bought the red jack from Sears which was $100. cheaper but the reviews on it were not too good. So I took it back and bought the $200. yellow jack from them. Much better reviews that I would have to agree with. For one thing, it has a lower clearance than the red one and that was important to me. I love that jack and use it quite a bit. It comes in useful for washing the bike. I can jack it up fairly high where it is much easier to wax the pipes and spin the tires to clean the white walls. When I store the bike for winter I can jack it up off the ground and roll it between my garage doors so that I can get both cars in the garage in addition to storing the bike. I couldn't get the clearance in between the garage doors with the bike on the jiffy stand. It actually takes up more room that way but with the bike jacked up and vertical I was really pleased to be able to store it in the garage with my other vehicles. I am wondering if the yellow Harbor Freight jack is a knock off of the sears? If it is, it is a good jack at a really good price!

I have the Sears yellow jack. I originally bought the red jack from Sears which was $100. cheaper but the reviews on it were not too good. So I took it back and bought the $200. yellow jack from them. Much better reviews that I would have to agree with. For one thing, it has a lower clearance than the red one and that was important to me. I love that jack and use it quite a bit. It comes in useful for washing the bike. I can jack it up fairly high where it is much easier to wax the pipes and spin the tires to clean the white walls. When I store the bike for winter I can jack it up off the ground and roll it between my garage doors so that I can get both cars in the garage in addition to storing the bike. I couldn't get the clearance in between the garage doors with the bike on the jiffy stand. It actually takes up more room that way but with the bike jacked up and vertical I was really pleased to be able to store it in the garage with my other vehicles. I am wondering if the yellow Harbor Freight jack is a knock off of the sears? If it is, it is a good jack at a really good price!
HorizonChaser, are you saying that you leave your bike on your jack all winter long and in the raised/jacked up position?

Absolutely. It is in the locked position so it doesn't accidently come down. I did it all last winter with no ill effects. Are you asking because you're thinking that if I accidently bump it it's gonna fall over? If you were thinking that believe me, I still take care that I don't accidently hit hit while backing in the garage! :p

Absolutely. It is in the locked position so it doesn't accidently come down. I did it all last winter with no ill effects. Are you asking because you're thinking that if I accidently bump it it's gonna fall over? If you were thinking that believe me, I still take care that I don't accidently hit hit while backing in the garage! :p
Thanks for the quick answer HorizonChaser. I was curious about a few things which you answered; leaving it up, knocking it over & considering such myself.

Thanks for the quick answer HorizonChaser. I was curious about a few things which you answered; leaving it up, knocking it over & considering such myself.
No problem Cyclops. That is where the jack really shines, in keeping the bike upright & vertical to allow me to utilize the garage for storage in the winter for all of my vehicles. I keep the bike covered with a battery tender attached to it and it is covered. I also as an extra precaution keep a safety reflective vest draped over the cover on my wife's side of the bike so that when she backs in she can clearly see the reflective tape on the bike and take extra care while backing in. The whole thing about rolling the jack just a wee bit to get it in perfect position between the garage doors has really been a huge asset.

I have the Sears yellow jack. ......... I am wondering if the yellow Harbor Freight jack is a knock off of the sears? If it is, it is a good jack at a really good price!

The only difference that I could tell back when I looked at them (before I bought the H.F. ) was the Sears one had brace that connected the two pads. This had to be cut off when doing the dyna mod.
Other than that they both look identical. Both have the locking mechanism.

By the way anybody know where I can buy a very short screw jack, say like 6" or less in the down height? I love using these things instead of a floor jack because you can leave them with having to block up.

I got the J&S jack about 2 months ago now. Works great for my Dyna Lowrider. Didnt' want to take the chance of my bike falling off. I think it's worth the extra money.

The only difference that I could tell back when I looked at them (before I bought the H.F. ) was the Sears one had brace that connected the two pads. This had to be cut off when doing the dyna mod.
Other than that they both look identical. Both have the locking mechanism.

By the way anybody know where I can buy a very short screw jack, say like 6" or less in the down height? I love using these things instead of a floor jack because you can leave them with having to block up.

Check a junk yard, a lot of cars had them I bet u can find one there:s

Back