free website stats program Motorcycle Insurance | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Insurance

I've had a good experience with progressive. My sporty costs a little over $40 a month, which is amazing considering my age (I'm 23). Although the steal-appeal of a sporty isn't exactly as high as a BT/Touring bike.

I'm in GA.

speaking of insurance.......
a lady ran a red light and hit me and my girlfriend and so we are on the slow road to recovery but people ask us all the time if we are going to get back on and we say of course we are, it's what we love. but i also get a lot of people that tell me about how they really want to ride but are afraid of being in my situation. one guy in particular was in the middle of buying a motorcycle when he called about the insurance on it and when he got his quote the lady asked him if he wanted to get the optional funeral coverage for $10 more. needless to say that killed the deal for him. i have never heard of this and told him so, i think the lady that gave him the quote was trying to scare him out of buying a motorcycle. what do you guys think? or have you heard of funeral coverage being offered?

I have had all my stuff at state farm for over 25 yrs. I cant find a better deal. my 06rdking runs 360.00 a yr while my 97 softail custom is 265.00 a yr.

AS far as cost/rewards that is so dependent on you, you're age, experiance, zip code, garage/no garage, type of ride, accessories, typs of coverage and how much. I've had Progressive for years on my bike, my cages, my house, are they the best, I don't know, never had a claim, and unfortunately that's the only way to find out if you're insurance is worth the paper it's writen on. As far as I know Progressive has never done me wrong and always been good to work with as far as getting thngs changed when adding or changing vehicles, but that being said, if I thought they were trying toget something over on me I'd change in a minute.

Full coverage,w/ uninsured, liability, comp, etc.
Also covers $8000 in accessories (including helmet jacket), with a max of $3000 for paint. Rider Insurance for $380 year. But I've never had a claim so don't really know how good they are there.

yeah, i was a little taken by surprise by it but now that you mention it, for $10 thats pretty good. didnt get the name of the company but i might ask th guy if i see him again.

I have Progressive, ZI get full coverage on my Heritage and my Polaris quad, quads are street leagle here in AZ , all for 305 a year.....not bad for me.

Back