Motorcycle Insurance prices???

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by 89 FXRS, Oct 1, 2012.

1. 89 FXRS

89 FXRS Active Member

Anyone recommend a decent and reasonably priced insurance company for Harley's in California?

2. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

I've been a State Farm member since I learned to ride, but finding an agent is only one factor...rates are affected by your current/past driving record, location, and ride-type. Also, other things to consider, are other vehicles, property & family members because these could add/subtract from your total payment. I say use the power of "three" by finding/selecting three different companies & get quotes to compare - good luck!

3. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Here in Minnesota I found Progressive to have the best rate for the coverage I wanted. Iceman24 made some good points, they add and deduct rates on many factors, mine is based on location and our shorter riding season.

4. turnerbend

turnerbend Active Member

Check Foremost Insurance. About reasonably as any here in Georgia.

5. HDSickness

HDSickness Banned

I have GEICO...... runs about $600.00 a year in Sacramento area includes road side assist and towing.

6. cromedome

cromedome Active Member

I shop mine every year on line, Geico always has the best deal.

7. whitmw

whitmw Member

Never had a claim but Dairyland has given me very good rates over the past several years. $300 a year for full coverage, $50 deductable, roadside assistance and trip assistance.

8. HDSickness

HDSickness Banned

I was wrong $478.00 per year........:D

9. harley@16

harley@16 Junior Member

Progressive here in Washington, and they let me reduce coverage in the winter when I park it for the snow, you won't have that problem tho

10. YnotBiker

YnotBiker Active Member

Last time I checked, California Casualty gave me the best price when I put my car & home insurance accounts into the deal. It comes with free roadside assistance/towing which I had to use last month. (For my car !)

:44:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012