free website stats program Motorcycle hoist | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle hoist

Thanks Larry, looking for a small scissor type auto jack to use to lift the back wheel if you happen to know where to find one.

check with a local junk yard. we got several to use in the shop, all were from the junk yard. a lot of cars and trucks use them. my wife's VW had one. cheap also, five bucks each for ours.

Nice lift, the scissors jack you can pick up at Walmart for $18. What type cylinder did you use?

Really nice! I too loved the fact that you can watch it from another room in the house. How cool is :)!
Just a great project that's going to come in handy. i wish I had the same set up in my house. I do have the same chair that you have though! :D

She: "you're gonna make what kind of hole in the floor for what kind of project?"

Me: "No, no, sweety pie. Just admiring this guy's project. There's a hole in the floor? I didn't even notice that."

Nice! Don't forget to use a safety catch in case of hydraulic failure. I've heard some stories! :s

Wanted to show you guys my bike hoist project, total cost $40.00 for cylinder packing. Can lift to about 32 inches and spin it a complete 360 degrees. All parts were salvaged and rebuilt or fabricated, sure helps to have talented kids.

Wow, just wow :)

Any chance you can give a good description of how you did that ?

Back