free website stats program motorcycle camping. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

motorcycle camping.

If you are going to try camping get a tent that is large enough to hold all the stuff you have with you as well as space for sleeping

Brian

a good self-inflating air mattress is a must as well.
As you continue to enjoy camping you will find you continue to accrue, or at least desire, more gear. My list is getting to be too much for my Dyna to carry. Is a trailer or at least a bagger in my future?

Tent
Mattress
sleeping bag
butane stove
stacking cookware
folding chair or stool
wiener sticks or a grill for the fire
flashlights
tarp as a rain/sun shelter
axe or hatchet
compact folding cooler

You get the idea.
I quit camping years ago because I began to view it as "housework outdoors".
Recently I have been drawn back to it. Motorcycle touring, especially with a group, is far more fun when camping. The motel crowd can't possible spend the time together in the same way a group of campers do. It's brotherhood at it's best.

My wife and I use a Trailmaster,Sentury camper. We have traveled all over the country with this and love it.You can open it up and be inside in bed in 2 min. We will sleep in the woods,church parking lots,truck stops,walmarts.camp grounds.It saves us tons of money traveling.It has a queen size bed with a mattress,that is made and ready to for sleep when it is popped open.A 5'X5' room ,22 cubic feet of storage under the bed.I can't say enough good about this camper.It also rides pefect on the roads and we've been on all kinds of roads even mountian dirt trails.

The thing to concider is most hotels are around cities and who would want to stay there. Think of sturges would you rather be at a hotel/motel for $2,000 a week or the bufalo chip?

Back