free website stats program Motorcycle Camera | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Camera

lucky13c

Hi everybody, i'm looking for a dual Motorcycle Camera for my 08 X bones. want to record the ride and me at the same time. does anybody know where I can find said camera? haven't been able to find a dual set up for a bike just a car. any thoughts, ideas, recommendations?

thanks,
lucky:thanks

I have a gopro and love it. Although I do get some vibration when going through the gears. Other than that while cruising it works great. :bigsmiley12:

Hi everybody, i'm looking for a dual Motorcycle Camera for my 08 X bones. want to record the ride and me at the same time. does anybody know where I can find said camera? haven't been able to find a dual set up for a bike just a car. any thoughts, ideas, recommendations?

thanks,
lucky:thanks

I have seen a lot of Go Pro and I like them but I do not know if I ever seen a camera to record the ride and biker at same time. :dknow

If you want front and rear recording look at this product... it's a dash cam, so it's suited for vehicles.

The Komando Dual Lens Dash Cam

If I'd go that route, I would probably have to turn a piece of stock aluminum for a mount in my mill to make a mount. But since most don't have access to that kind of equipment, I'm not sure how else you'd mount it without doing some research.

I use my cell phone and a Kuryakyn mount that I installed on my handlebars. Took an old plastic phone holder (the kind you clip on your belt), drilled some mounting holes in it and bolted it to the handlebar mount. Drilled a bigger hole in the holder to align with where the camera lens on the phone lines up. I mostly use it for my music with a cord plugged into my dash stereo, but its great for making videos or still pics while riding. My cell phone lets me take pics or videos in front where I'm going, or behind me to see where I've been. The holder is on a swivel so I can adjust it easily while riding, and put my ugly mug in the pics or videos if I want. Only problem I have while videoing is my phone won't play music while the camera is recording. But if I want some background music in the videos, I can still use the radio or CD player. It works great, and if I get a text or email while riding, I can easily view it. I won't respond while riding, but can at least see what it says, or just ignore it and keep on riding. :D

thanks for all the info guys think i'm going to look for a Komando Dual Lens Dash Cam and see if i can mount on bike i'll let you know thanks

lucky

Back