free website stats program Motorcycle Boots | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Boots

I used to buy nothing but Redwing, but alas I heard they too are starting to make some overseas.:(

Redwing WorX intended for motorcyclists. Steel toed, vibram soled, lace-up, six inch ankle support, water resistant (not water proof), all leather uppers, and made in China.

Have no complaints after two years. The local outlet will oil and/or polish whenever you stop in, plus provide lifetime replacement laces.

Being Canadian, I look for "Made in Canada" boots. To date, I have had nothing but Canadian made safety work boots (safety toe and di-electric sole).
Use to wear Kaufmann's until they went to China. Then the same model and size boot made in China wouldn't fit me; too narrow.
Bought Canadian made Kodiaks which were great. Two yrs later they'd gone to China and the same size boot again wouldn't fit.
Bought Canadian made STC's which are very comfy. Went to buy a new pair a year later and they're now China made boot; again was too narrow.
Current newer boots are Canadian made Terra's.

I've tried the China made Caterpiller and H-D boots and they are too narrow for me. That and the premium price for a cheap-labour boot turns me off them.

I wear my boots year round (snow, rain or shine) for work and riding so I get my mileage out of them.

Being Canadian, I look for "Made in Canada" boots. To date, I have had nothing but Canadian made safety work boots (safety toe and di-electric sole).
Use to wear Kaufmann's until they went to China. Then the same model and size boot made in China wouldn't fit me; too narrow.
Bought Canadian made Kodiaks which were great. Two yrs later they'd gone to China and the same size boot again wouldn't fit.
Bought Canadian made STC's which are very comfy. Went to buy a new pair a year later and they're now China made boot; again was too narrow.
Current newer boots are Canadian made Terra's.

I've tried the China made Caterpiller and H-D boots and they are too narrow for me. That and the premium price for a cheap-labour boot turns me off them.

I wear my boots year round (snow, rain or shine) for work and riding so I get my mileage out of them.

I'm thinking a year from now Terra's will be made in China?

Another vote for Double H... all day comfortable both on and off the bike. I also like Chippewa, they use heavier leather and that has been great for cold weather riding.

And both are still USA made.

I have a pair of Matterhorn boots that i believe were made in the USA they are insulated and waterproof and very comfortable when it is cold although they do make them without insulation the gortex lining keeps them waterproof
they were expensive boots but as i only have 1 pair of feet i like to look after them
I have worn them when riding in colder weather and never had cold feet 1 memorable ride was 95 miles on roads covered in the white stuff feet stayed warm

Brian

Oldhippie touched on the size thing. It has been bothering me for a very long time. Why is the footwear from China always too narrow! Every brand, every size is too narrow!! If you try on a pair of shoes and they are too narrow, you just know they are made in China.

Back