free website stats program Motorcycle auctions or other places to find a bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle auctions or other places to find a bike

Actually that is where my bike is ending up. I was told by my insurance dealer that in Ohio I couldn't bid on my bike because I don't have a salvage license or something like that.

Internet and Craiglist in particular was good for me because it was local and easier to find a "neutral" place to verify the bike is working okay, especially if you "meet" halfway, as the seller driving up in it makes the most sense to make sure it is running and he was willing to ride it up.

Have you tryed copart? they got wrecks and unwrecked. never bought one there but surffed it a lot.

There is a CoPart in my town. I have gone over and looked at a few Harleys and then I monitored the final on approval sales price. A front end wrecked Fat Boy that was two years old went for almost $4000. I was intersted in that one. Too much I thought for someone like me that would have to pay retail for parts to get it roadworthy. Then you have to deal with having a salvage title too. I just think it is risky unless you are in the business or something. Craigs list is probably the best bet to find a garage queen for reasonable money. I have seen good looking deals on Cycle Trader in the winter months. Not lately though.

Actually that is where my bike is ending up. I was told by my insurance dealer that in Ohio I couldn't bid on my bike because I don't have a salvage license or something like that.

You have to go through one of the brokers they list I think. You should be able to go through them. They charge a fee, but it isn't too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine thru the Bike Night connections at the local Haunts. Guys knew I was kinda looking and several kept me posted about what avaiable in area. Ended with a 05 Heritage 16,000 miles, good shape, needed good cleaning less than $10,000. The process took 5 months I bought in Feb.

Since I have been laid up and now am on summer vacation I have spent a lot of time looking online for bikes and researching which mods to get. I had a new 10 Street Glide picked out but I believe I found a good bike online and drive Saturday to see it. It is an 07 Street Glide with tons of mods with quality parts. The owner only put 1200 miles on it so it is practically new.

Back