free website stats program Motor mount problems? | Harley Davidson Forums

Motor mount problems?

Partieson

This may sound stupid but here goes. How can you tell if your front motor mount is broken without tearing it apart? I have aftermarket pipes (Martin Brothers Daisycutters) and they have slightly started to tap on the front leg of the frame. It also looks like the top of the mount is resting on the rubber of the mount. Its a 2008 Street Bob.

This may sound stupid but here goes. How can you tell if your front motor mount is broken without tearing it apart? I have aftermarket pipes (Martin Brothers Daisycutters) and they have slightly started to tap on the front leg of the frame. It also looks like the top of the mount is resting on the rubber of the mount. Its a 2008 Street Bob.

Wow. That is very fast for the motor mount to wear out. I suspect the bike is still under warranty. I would take it in and have them replace it. Must have been defective if that is the problem.

TQ

Mine went bad by 18k. I think it may have been from oil when removing filter,cant realy clean it as good as i would like to, Its kind of a bad design how the mount is mounted.

oil from the filter when changing can cause it to fail fast.. HD parts guy i trust was telling me they have seen um go at 5k if your not carefull during the oil change

Thanks you all for the posts. If what you are telling me is true I have had the first two oil changes at Shenandoah Harley. I wanted to be sure all was done right. The rest have been by me and I was certainly mindful of it. I just didnt want to clean up the mess. You would think the dealer would be a bit more mindful of this problem. Any way I was wondering if anyone could tell me what to look for to make sure it is bad without pulling it all apart. A picture would be better though. I cant find one on the net. I guess I am going to have to order the dag gone part then. Thanks all and ride safe or atleast make it look like you do. :newsmile045:

Not the correct mount. I have on 08 Dyna. Thanks though.

Not very easy to "see" the possible problems that may exist without taking it out and manipulating it. That is not hard to do. Just support the frame (like a lift) and then lift the engine a bit and support it. Take the mount out so you can inspect it carefully.

TQ

Back