free website stats program Motor Mount & Extended Warranty | Harley Davidson Forums

Motor Mount & Extended Warranty

cmvsm

I am getting a little vibration in the pegs and handlebars on my '02 Lowrider, between 35-40mph. Nothing crazy but I can feel it. Handlebars vibrate pretty good on warmup. Bike has 27K miles. I took a look at the front motor mount, and it seems to be in 'OK' condition, but its covered in oil, grease, and whatever else. I'm investing in a J&S jack for future maintenance, and went ahead and bought a front motor mount to replace. I also bought replacement bushings for the handlebars as well, as they were cheap, so why not.

I do have a 3 year extended Harley warranty on the bike. Would the motor mount be covered or should I just go ahead and do it myself? Haven't had a chance to ask the local dealer, so I thought you guys might know.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 13
I am getting a little vibration in the pegs and handlebars on my '02 Lowrider, between 35-40mph. Nothing crazy but I can feel it. Handlebars vibrate pretty good on warmup. Bike has 27K miles. I took a look at the front motor mount, and it seems to be in 'OK' condition, but its covered in oil, grease, and whatever else. I'm investing in a J&S jack for future maintenance, and went ahead and bought a front motor mount to replace. I also bought replacement bushings for the handlebars as well, as they were cheap, so why not.

I do have a 3 year extended Harley warranty on the bike. Would the motor mount be covered or should I just go ahead and do it myself? Haven't had a chance to ask the local dealer, so I thought you guys might know.

Thanks.

Up to you. But in the time it take you to get it over there, wait in line, get it done and get it back, you would have the job finished.

TQ

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like its worth looking into and get it fixed under the warranty. I was actually looking forward to changing it out myself, but the 100 bucks saved on the part could go towards the $339 price tag on the J&S.

I need to bring it in for an overall checkup anyway, and I'll be out of town, so it might just work out.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like its worth looking into and get it fixed under the warranty. I was actually looking forward to changing it out myself, but the 100 bucks saved on the part could go towards the $339 price tag on the J&S.

I need to bring it in for an overall checkup anyway, and I'll be out of town, so it might just work out.

Thanks again.

What? Where did that number come from? If that is the price of the lift, go to Sears and get theirs for less than $150. And the motor mount is less than $60 if you get it from one of the online HD shops.

If you don't want to do it, that is a different story. But it will cost you about 60 bucks or so depending on S&H for the motor mount. You need the lift anyway, so you can't pin that cost on this job. That is just a required tool to work on your bike.

TQ

If you go to J&S's website, that's the going rate for their jack. Doesn't include shipping either. That gets it up to a little less than $400. If I can have a jack that pulls the bike off of its kickstand and sets back down again with stability without straps or blocks, I'm all for it. From the reviews I've seen on this and other forums, it's worth the cash. I plan on getting it either way.

Motor mount I hadn't seen online for that cheap, so I bought directly from my stealer.

I definitely enjoy rolling up the sleeves and getting intimate with my bike, but if I've already paid for the extended, then Harley can pick up the tab and I'll get it next time around. I've got plenty of other projects I'm waiting to get started on.

You're right. That jack looks impressive from their promo video! And getting that low would be a big help. Mine only goes to 5 1/4".

I think it is a case of apples and oranges on the motor mount. Your bike is a Dyna and uses that big square looking mount (like I have on my '91 - see pix) instead like the one in the attachment below. The Dyna mount is gonna be way more than the touring mount. More to it!!

Replacing front motor mount - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Attachments

• IMG00409.jpg
    IMG00409.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG00412.jpg
    IMG00412.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG00413.jpg
    IMG00413.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 20
My foot pegs always vibrate depending on what RPM I am at and it is a 2009. I thought that is normal for Dyna's?

Back