free website stats program Moto Guzzi is getting into the fray!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Moto Guzzi is getting into the fray!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see them being a big player here, correct me if I am wrong did they not make an automatic transmission with a torque convertor at 1 time? Seems to me I saw a few like that in Sturgis some years back, they seemed smooth and rumbled a bit like a Harley if I remember right

Not the point. Everyone knows HDs are not popular with the knee draggers. The point of comparison was the Guzzi in bagger trim as a competitor to Harley and Harley has nothing to fear from Guzzi. No price published on the Guzzi yet, that I can find anyway, doubt that it will be a bargain though................;)

Absolutely the point. Dbradfield pointed out he didn't see many at a typical rally. And my response was the that you don't see many at HDs at non-HD rally's. BTW, I'm proud to be a knee dragger. I've done many track days on both my racers and HDs. How are you supposed to know what your motorcycle is capable of if you never tested it on the track? And I like my HDs as much as my Ducatis (track and street) and Aprilias (track only). The comparison is a moot point because one is not like the other. One is an Italian mark and one is American. Those that ride one, will not ride the other, unless your are someone like.... me. A person that can see the qualities, both good and bad, of each style of bike.

You seem to use "knee dragger" as a derogatory term. I think I'm offended.:p

Still missed the point of the thread and Dbradfield also went astray. The theme of the thread is Guzzi introducing a bagger and whether or not the Guzzi bagger will be competition for Harley and/or Indian. The OP posted nothing about what one sees at rallies and I believe thread posts should stay on message.

How do you figure I used the term knee dragger in a derogatory manner? I think I am offended that I offended you.:eek: On occasion I catch up with and pass (on my 700# road sofa) what, from all appearances to be a moto GP rider; has the garb and the bike but not knee dragging out in the Texas hill country. Granted the exception to the rule but fun when I can do it.;) I have no issues with knee draggers as long as they can stay in their lane when I meet them in oncoming traffic; that's when I lose respect.

I have no bias toward any motorcycle enthusiast; we are all out there because we love motorcycles and being out there in the wind; all brothers regardless of what we ride.....;)

Just as a reference, in the Sportbike community I'm associated with, the term knee dragger is considered derogatory. Just as some terms that reference Haley riders may be considered the same way. Not that I took it that way. But let be fair and consider that some many not take what someone posts as intended due to the fact the conversation is not be conducted face to face.

So tells just say we can agree to disagree on terms, and references.

This thread has run it's course since we have drifted of the original topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back