free website stats program Moto Guzzi is getting into the fray!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Moto Guzzi is getting into the fray!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely you jest!;)
84 cubic inches, 95HP/89TQ, shaft drive and pretty ugly; very Arlen Ness looking like the Victory Vision or Magnum. I just don't see this motorcycle being competition for Harley Davidson baggers which are the long suit for the company, the brand and the bagger market in general. JMHO but others may see it differently.

I like motto guzzi bikes I had a mk2 le mans which I bought new in 1980 and grumpy sold in 1990 very good engine very good fairing very good frame and braking but the finish was very poor started rusting on the way home from the dealer if the finish has improved over the last 36 years I am sure it will be a very good bike
My bike would do 145 mph smoothly and safely great bike I would have another

Brian

I have been told that Moto Guzzi has the soul and reliabilty of a BMW and the character of a Harley...:confused:

Go to any parking lot at a bike rally and see what you see the most of. The other bikes might get some customers but Harley owns over half the market in the USA. Don't look like much competition to me.

Don't let your eyes deceive you. Just because it's a bike rally, which implies HD, does not mean there are not fans of other models. Ever been to Ducati Island at any of the Superbike or Moto GP events? Every been to the Superbike races at Daytona or Laconia? Not a lot of HDs to be seen at any of these. Therefore, you can imply the same thing, HDs are not popular in this segment of the motorcycle world. So comparing what you see is like apples and oranges. It depends on where you are looking.

Certainly not my on my bucket list.
But they want to provide a bagger, don't want to look like a Harley and the suitcase look has already been mounted to a bike.
From the front it looks like some kind of a creature, maybe a alley cat. Look at it with an open mind and you will see the eyes, nose and main.
Maybe it's just me. Maybe I need to clean my glasses.

Looks like a Honda F6b with less fairing.I am sure it will appeal to some section of the market.As does Indian and Victory.
All are really ugly in My eyes!:(

But maybe in Europe and other countries, that because Harley are US and extremely expensive the Guzzi maybe affordable to those who wished for a Harley...............o_O

Don't let your eyes deceive you. Just because it's a bike rally, which implies HD, does not mean there are not fans of other models. Ever been to Ducati Island at any of the Superbike or Moto GP events? Every been to the Superbike races at Daytona or Laconia? Not a lot of HDs to be seen at any of these. Therefore, you can imply the same thing, HDs are not popular in this segment of the motorcycle world. So comparing what you see is like apples and oranges. It depends on where you are looking.

Not the point. Everyone knows HDs are not popular with the knee draggers. The point of comparison was the Guzzi in bagger trim as a competitor to Harley and Harley has nothing to fear from Guzzi. No price published on the Guzzi yet, that I can find anyway, doubt that it will be a bargain though................;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back