free website stats program Most Trouble Free Harley | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Most Trouble Free Harley

96 fatboy only issues in 10 years and 50000 miles was voltage regulator an outer primary cover leak. I miss that bike. My 05 Electra glide standard has 27000 trouble free miles. I updated the cam tensioners and bearings as well as cam's gears and chains just because I wanted to. They were showing no wear when I did it at 21000. I do all my own wrenching.

My 62 pan had a lot of problems but always got me to my destination. I had a 77 Electra Glide and maintained properly it was great I put over a hundred thousand on it with not too much trouble. But my 2010 Ultra Limited is the best so far it's a mile muncher 1 break down, the horn button stopped working.

35,000 miles on my 09 super glide with out any problems had to change 1 battery changed the oil 10 times so far

Both rides were reliable (06 RKC and my current, 08 FLHTC), both had voltage regulators replaced. I've put 35K on the 08 and with theexception of the rear brake switch had no problems that I didn't create myself. I'm convinced a lot of "issues" with these bikes are the result of poor maintenance/improper modifications. Keep it stock and she'll run forever.

I've owned 6 HD's. Most trouble free was my 1985 ElectraGlide. Owned it 4 years and 34,000 miles. Only problem was a broken speedo cable which I replaced myself for less than $20.

I'd have to say all of my bikes that had kick starters were reliable once they were rebuilt and enjoyed regular maintenance!

'57 Pan
'69 Shovel
'69 Sportster

Fast forward:
Starter problems on all bikes since AMF including my 05. With or without kicks.

Nominal EFI problems but costly when they happen.

I prefer kicked bikes with carbs and I'm moving to a house with a garage so I can buy some to rebuild. I'll see you guys at swap meets around the Southeast soon.

-Scott

2006 RK 30,000 trouble free miles
2003 Deuce 26,000 miles crankshaft went south total engine rebuild also had several electrical problems with the Deuce and an inner primary main shaft seal leak
WAP.gif

Back