Most Patriotic Cities in America

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by softailhog, Jun 28, 2010.

1. softailhog

softailhog Active Member

Just saw this listing of the most patriotic cities in America according to Men's
    Health Magazine. Since I'm in KC, I am proud to live in the #3 city. Great job Portland, not so good Jersey City!

Oh, and Kansas City didn't move to Utah, that's a misprint!

How does your town rank??

KC Named No. 3 Most Patriotic City - Kansas City News Story - KCTV Kansas City

2. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

The closest city to me was listed 15th. Not too bad!

3. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Atlanta - number 9 out of 100 - better than I would have guessed!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
  4. RetiredJake

RetiredJake Junior Member

Wonder how they gathered their information. I find the results questionable at best. I have lived in or close to several of these cities over the years, including my 20 years in the military, and would not have ranked in this order.

5. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

I cant believe that St. Louis , Mo. is the only city listed for our state!!?????? Been thru a many towns from the Ill. state line to the Kansas line since moving here and -JMO - there is a few thats more patriotic than ST Louis!!!! JMO here!

6. bikemikewcr

bikemikewcr Active Member

Nope, not so good for Jersey City which happens to be where I work. Kind of odd that they rank based upon flag sales and firework sales. Fireworks are not legal in NJ. I am not defending this becuase there are some real bad areas of Jersey City but there are also some real nice areas. I happen to work in one of the nice areas on the Hudson river overlooking NYC.

7. softailhog

softailhog Active Member

Fireworks are not legal in Kansas City, MO either. Some of the rankings don't look right to me either. It's just one magazine's survey/opinion, I bet we can find members from every location listed that have patriotic things going on.

8. jody7734

jody7734 Active Member

I find this list to be very suspect. Jacksonville, FL and San Antonio, TX are #1 and #2 with highest population of active and retired military in the entire country. Yet they are 76 and 78 on this list.

9. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I live in Jacksonville Florida, Navy city for sure with 2 naval bases, It was the largest city area wise for many years and I think now we are over 1.5 million people, great place to live, but its pretty hot here:D

10. Z-Man747200

Z-Man747200 Member

I'm happy to live close to Portland OR. Tons of Red, White & Blue out here!