free website stats program Most Embarrassing Day | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Most Embarrassing Day

Like others here have said, you'll look back and laugh at this in the future, Its all a learing experiance, Buy the way when we picked up our 08 from the dealer it had only 14 miles on it when I dropped it in a Wendys parking lot. Soooooooooooooo your not alone,,, Have a ball,, ride safe,,, Tim:D

My moment came when I'd gone for a GREAT ride. Pulled into my garage and just sat there for a couple of minutes, basking in the glow.

Then I got off the bike, only to realize I hadn't put the kickstand down. Over she went.

I looked around real quick to make sure no one else had seen me!!

Managed to get the bike back up by myself.

As good as I felt after the ride, I felt stupid after the drop.

:)

I place my riding gloves on the seat and the gas cap on top of them. Keeps the cap from rolling off.

Did ride off without my helmet once, left it sitting on the pump.

I do the gloves and cap on the seat trick as well! Works good for remembering the cap. Now trying to figure out how to stop losing shorty gloves! I go thru 3-4 pairs a season..... maybe I need those little elastic "mitten keepers" our moms used when we were little? But then what will keep my gas cap from rolling off? :newsmile058:

Do they sell "mitten holders" with skulls etc so I can maintain my rough tuff biker image? *LOL* :D

wow i thought i was the only one to put it down at 0 mph i moved my bike from the driveway after i let cool down i moved it a whole 15 feet into the garage and started to step off of it and what did i forget to do?......I forgot to put the jiffy stand down thank goodness i park next to something that don't move (wall) and only put a scuff mark on the pinstrip on the fairing nothing hurt other than my pride

Your going to have to be real creative to come up with an "Embarrassing Day" that most riders have not already done...I tell people..."My worst day of riding...Still beats my best day at work"!!

fuel cap on seat works for me ......

17 ys young on a honda dream 250 (brand new also worst bike in the world ) saw a girl i new walking up the road.....thought id stop an say "hi babe waz happening ? yeah new ride cool huh " as you do when your a wee thing and know know better.... so did a u turn to pull in between 2 parked cars only to find street had been re surfaced a while back an all the stone chips had been washed under the cars ....... (you know whats coming) WAP!!!! down i go in a hail of chips and bent metal... she carry's on by without breaking her stride with such a look of contempt on her face , if i could shrink any smaller i would had .....also i dident know her lol....

one of meny im affraid

This was a good read and a lesson learned. We all have had days like these, Hey I think there is a Van Morrison song here for another thread:p

I place my riding gloves on the seat and the gas cap on top of them. Keeps the cap from rolling off.

Same here..

This thread reminds me of my "embarassing moment"......years ago, was in Daytona for Bikeweek, and left the Road King parked in a big lot just for bikes. Well, a few hours later(and maybe a beer or "two"), jumped on the bike & started to drive-away, when suddenly the bike stopped & went down:( Lesson learned: Always remember to remove your "kryptonite wheel lock" BEFORE driving away:D(amazingly no damage at all thanks to the crash bars)

Did this with a cable lock wrapped through the wheel and around the crash bar. Made for a very short ride and oh:mgun moment.

My moment came when I'd gone for a GREAT ride. Pulled into my garage and just sat there for a couple of minutes, basking in the glow.

Then I got off the bike, only to realize I hadn't put the kickstand down. Over she went.

I looked around real quick to make sure no one else had seen me!!

Managed to get the bike back up by myself.

As good as I felt after the ride, I felt stupid after the drop.

:)

Did this on both my previous Hondas. Once in front of the dealer just days after buying my Magna.:small3d007:

fuel cap on seat works for me ......

17 ys young on a honda dream 250 (brand new also worst bike in the world ) saw a girl i new walking up the road.....thought id stop an say "hi babe waz happening ? yeah new ride cool huh " as you do when your a wee thing and know know better.... so did a u turn to pull in between 2 parked cars only to find street had been re surfaced a while back an all the stone chips had been washed under the cars ....... (you know whats coming) WAP!!!! down i go in a hail of chips and bent metal... she carry's on by without breaking her stride with such a look of contempt on her face , if i could shrink any smaller i would had .....also i dident know her lol....

one of meny im affraid

Amazing how fate can get us from feeling cool to feeling like a fool in record time.:p Fate can be down right cruel sometimes.:D

Back