free website stats program Most embarrasing biker moment. | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Most embarrasing biker moment.

I had just picked up my Harley and I had only ridden it for about an hour. I decided I was comfortable enough to try and test some limits, like to see how fast I could comfortably make a left turn. While I was coming through an intersection with a left turn arrow glowing green I was humming along at about 45 when I noticed the 2 ft wide gravel trail turning left with me. Remembering my very recent MSF course training, I straightened up the bike and slowed as best as I could without locking up the tires. I went right up the curb, over a little hill, down the other side of the hill, over another curb and ended up in a parking lot. I quickly threw down the kickstand and got off the bike to celebrate not dumping my bike. I was fortunate that the only people who saw were the people in traffic with me. but they couldn't see where I stopped. I learned a valuable lesson that day!!

I was parked next to an ACM,with quite a sizable que in front of it,when I drifted backwards ,the bike stareted to run away with me so I made the BIG mistake(reflex action)of turning my front wheel,pulling hard on my front brake and dropping my bike,then I fell on top of it.I learned then it is impossible to act or look cool,when youre a pile of leather and metal on the deck!

I'd just picked up my 07 RK the day before, my first Harley. I started to turn around in a driveway, when I noticed a funeral in progress at the top of the hill. Not wanting to make noise, the bike slowed, fork was turned, hit front brake and down I went. I'm sure that made the funeral even more memorable. I can still hear the loud pop my back made trying to lift that big RK. Some guy helped me stand it up.

Did drop it on wet grass a few weeks later (no witnesses this time) but using the correct technique I was able to stand the bike by myself. Haven't droped my bike since but to be honest I've came close a couple of times. I don't think I could lift the Ultra by myself and hope I don't have to try.
:USA

We were working on a large construction site with like a strip mall type of layout. The boss told the 5 of us to go to a different section after meeting in the morning. I always was known to be a little crazy so someone said "show us a wheelie man!" This was in the late '70s so I was young and full of vinegar (and what ever else from the weekend activities!) I thought alright watch'is. Walked out, fired her up and let loose pretty hard. I forgot one small detail------the steering lock!!! Everyone within a mile radius it seemed was staring right at me when I got up and looked! I made lightening speed picking up my bike, unlocking the steering and gettin' my ruby red face outta dodge!!! Well I didn't have to worry about remembering to unlock it for quite sometime after that,"did you unlock the steering on that thing?", "Don't forget to unlock the front end",Etc. Etc. Etc.

Last edited:
Last year late in the summer me and the wife took the bike up to the marina were we keep our boat in the summer. There was some type of boat club get together going on so the area was packed with people, there was also a spot were a group of riders had stopped to look at all the boats. I decided this was the place to park figuring no one would mess with the bikes being all in one spot. Well I park and the wife dismounts and I put the kickstand down and get ready to get off. Apparently I did'nt have the stand all the way down and as I start to get off the bike starts to go down. I'm holding it up with only one leg touching the ground and can't get it back up. The wife finally helps me upright the bike and I look up and there must be 25 bikers from this group and another 25 people in the parking lot looking at me. Needless to say the face was pretty red. I did save face somewhat as one of the bikers came over immediatly with a kickstand disc and said fairly loudly to use this as the blacktop is soft in some places. I don't think he really believed that was the problem but it did help me save face a little.

Would have to say riding a wheelie on a 250r honda three wheeler and bringing it down just in time to stove my shoulder into my sister in laws truck door! (Hey cathy can we use your truck to take the bikes out? She says "just don't tear it up", We're just gonna use it to take the bikes out how are we gonna tear it up? Was my response as I recall.)

It was in the late 70s and as a second ride bought a totalled 75 kz 900 and put it back together for a play bike. It did great burnouts and wheeles.I was at a local hangout called Fat City was at a stopsign and there were a lot of people eggin me on so I tached it up and did a killer wheelstand,there was a cage in front of me stopped so I brought it down front wheel landed on a smashed beer can and went down hard. people were laughing there buts off. i felt like a fool picked up the bike and took off out of there. worst thing i ever did in front of people.

my most embarrasing moment was a dream or shall I say nightmare!! One night while I was sleeping I dreamt that hubby & I went to the harley shop to look at...........what else.........Harleys!! hehe Well when I threw my leg over to sit on one I kicked the bike next to it and it was a domino effect of bikes falling over one by one. I woke up real quick. Thank goodness it wasnt real life cuz I would surely be embarrased.

Back