free website stats program Most embarrasing biker moment. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Most embarrasing biker moment.

I know your right, but after that day,... that canopy set-up would hold 10 tons of snow.

RJ

I had an awesome applause and high fives after doing this:

scan0001.jpg

...but it wasn't the coolest ending when my bros had to push it back to the campsite because I smoked the clutch!

That one never fails to entertain, Lew!:D

just remembered another. Never pull up to an air pump to put air in the rear shocks while you have your new first time date on the back. That gettin lucky part never happens after that!

Years ago I went with an Army bud to the dealer while he had his bike serviced; ended up they needed to keep it and the only tranportation we had was my Shovel. Off we went with him on the back, he wasn't holding on and I didn't have a sissy bar. When I hit second gear he went flying off the back and slid across the pavement in front of the shop. We were so embarassed and in a hurry to depart the area that we didn't even realize he had some pretty bad road rash until we got back to the barracks...

My wife reminded me of another.Where our shop used to be we had a 300ft. gravel drive and I was racing my nephew down it on my 900 Honda,I got going a little quick and before I knew it I ran out of driveway and was on the grass.with a fence 30ft. from me.I did the only thing I could,slid it sideways and laid it down.And took a lot of ribbing from employees for a few days:(

I'd been out on a solo ride and was heading home. Realized I was about an hour-and-a half later then planned so I decided I'd stop and call the wife. Spotted a little cafe with a cement parking lot so I pulled over. A couple of bikers were walking out as I pulled off the road. Couldn't have been going more then 2-3 mph as I crossed a strip of sand between the road and the parking lot. The sand was about 8 inches deep and I dumped the bike. Guess I looked like the guy on the trike from the "Laugh In" tv show (If your old enough to remember). Felt like a dummy. The bikers immediately help me right my bike. We all had a good laugh.

here's another one. I have rain gear. Unfortunately it was at home. It was nice and sunny out and i took a ride about 30 miles away from here. At that time i lived in a motor home. Yep, an air conditioned hippie! When i came out of the store. The sky was black! It looked like i may be able to beat it home.
Wrong!!! Half ways back. It poured! I laid on my tank, behind the windshield and amazingly i hardly got wet. When i got back to the motor home. I had a lean-to home made canopy off it's side and thats where i parked the scoot.
It was dark out when i pulled up and it was still pourin cats n dogs. As i pulled under the canopy. The weirdest thing happened. I saw my windshield bend back towards me. Before i could stop,... It was too late. The windshield popped back up but on the other side of this enormous bulge in the canopy that had a small pool's worth of water in it. It kept getting larger by the second! Its weight on the scoot made it so i couldnt get the kick stand down. Now it was starting to pin me right in my seat. Luckily i managed to pull my knife and made a small incision in the canopy to release some water pressure. Well when i did that. The incision became a giant rip!
I felt like i had 500 gallons of water come down on me. Filled my boots, soaked everything! I always carry my rain gear now!

now that's funny!!

shoulda jumped up and said "and that was my Steve McQueen in The Great Escape imitation..."

My wife reminded me of another.Where our shop used to be we had a 300ft. gravel drive and I was racing my nephew down it on my 900 Honda,I got going a little quick and before I knew it I ran out of driveway and was on the grass.with a fence 30ft. from me.I did the only thing I could,slid it sideways and laid it down.And took a lot of ribbing from employees for a few days:(

Back