free website stats program mortal enemy | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

mortal enemy

I've seen what you are talking about on other sites with the political and religious forums and I agree that it spills over onto the forum. I also noticed that on those forums that the other areas are on a gradual downhill slide too as a result of it. Try to get an answer there and you have to sort through all the wise cracks first to see IF there is an actual answer amongst the garbage.

We tried the political forum here but ended up removing it because of the heated discussions that were evolving in that forum. If people want politics or religion, theres the WWW that can offer many places to discuss your views without any regard for rules.

I'm also on a couple of other HD sites, and I think the main difference, in terms of the nastiness you see elsewhere, is that this one doesn't have political or religious forums.

One of the sites I visit has some really nasty people on it, venting their particular political views in ways that, at least to me, undermine their actual arguments. And I think this tends to spill over into the other forums on that site. If you've been there, you know exactly who and where I'm talking about.

The thing I like most about this one is that I have come to trust the knowledge and expertise offered here. I'm not a mechanic, but I can recognize fairy dust when I see it sprinkled all around. Some of the things put forward elsewhere are just outrageous.

Since I come here primarily to learn more about mechanical issues, not social issues, HD Talking suits me just fine. I check in at least once, and frequently more than once, a day, and I've learned a great deal about my 03 electronic marvel.

Thanks for the info and the good vibes that always come from this site.

I totally agree with Prof and add my thanks to his.

I fail to understand how people can be nasty and make "mortal enemies" with someone they never have nor will ever meet.

Being civil and considerate is, as far as I am concerned the cornerstone of an easygoing and happy life, DON'T DO TO OTHERS....., is the most basic and only rule we should need.

I only belong to one forum...this one.And I can't even remember how I found it!But I'm not going anywhere.There's more info here than in any manual you could read.Simply put,the mods and the members here are of the highest quality and I am proud to be a member!

The reason this forum is so good is the running and management by the moderators. You must have a clear line drawn in the sand, so to speak, as to what is appropriate and what is not, and there is one here!! I've seen where forums head too when even slight infractions are let slip by, before you know it, it's one big brawling mess.
Great job guys!! :s

Back