free website stats program More Torque | Harley Davidson Forums

More Torque

jim loson

can you help - 2009 flhtcu with stage 1 ,pipes ,air breather ,a complete dyno and power commmander 5 , bike is at 79.36 hp and 92.09 torq - need more torq ! need suggestions - contimplating cams and clear head pipes

For the set up you have that is a great torque #. Are you pulling a trailer or sidecar? I know some are looking for more power, but I would be glad to have that much torque. Cams can give you more HP and torque but it might not be in the RPM range you like to run. I switched to gear drive on my 05RG and I gained more torque over friends running the same cams and chain drive.

can you help - 2009 flhtcu with stage 1 ,pipes ,air breather ,a complete dyno and power commmander 5 , bike is at 79.36 hp and 92.09 torq - need more torq ! need suggestions - contimplating cams and clear head pipes

That's about right for a well tuned Stage I 96"er. You referred to "pipes"; OEM head pipe and mufflers? Not sure what you mean by "clear head pipes" but the OEM head pipe wroks well. You need a good set of slipon mufflers or just have your OEM mufflers re-cored with Fullsac baffles.

More compression will make more torque. A set of Andrews 48 cams, set of good slipons and a retune will make a big difference.

The stock head pipes on the 2009 should already be 'clear', unless you have one of the California 2009s that had Cats.

Back