free website stats program More Power | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

More Power

the XR1200 motor is not at all the same as the nightsters motor the only thing they have in common is the cubic capacity, the XR1200 has more in common with the Buells more than the sportsters.
DO NOT rev a sportster motor past 6500 without upgrading the valve springs otherwise it will start to float.
the XR1200 has a all new oiling system and better heads and internals.

Being a Newbie to the HD community, I seem to remember the XR1200 was basically a race bred machine prepped to race against English & Japanese twins with horsepower to the max. (exceeding mechanical engine stress standard of 5,000Ft/Min), essentially zero brakes, rigid ill handling frame, offset footpegs to rely on the rider's steel plated boot to unweight, pivot and Wide Full Open throttle steer the machine down a tight oval track, h-m-m-m it could be closer in tune to a Buell...:s

Verses the XL1200...a "Sportster" (sporterized-roadster) sport tuned street rodded roadbike; a stripped and customized version of a 50's XLCR street machine...the difference probably IS WHAT HOBBIT SAYS, not what the HD sales/marketing driven manager said as "--truth"...! I think I might go with someone I believe has no hidden agenda, just the facts. :bigsmiley8:

Last edited:
Back