free website stats program More on easy pull clutch!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

More on easy pull clutch!!!

Mike G B

Hey all. My wife just got a 2004 1200 Custom and I want to install an easy pull clutch on it, the stock one is just too hard. I see that there are several on the market and I've seen on this forum illustrations of how to install them on twin cam engines. I kinda like the looks of the "clutchlite" model that Glider illustrated a while back. Anybody got any tips and advice on which one to use and any "PICTURES" of an installation on a "SPORTSTER". Definitely want to do it myself. Thanks Mike

I installed one on an 04 sportster. Got one off ebay, easy install about 45min. was only about 20 bucks I think. It was a couple of years ago. It was just a small arm to install on the clutch cable inside clutch cover. I will try to find the instructions if I still have them.

There are several types...

Here is type that changes the actuation "stroke angle" for older sportsters:

18-3232.jpg

Look here for other types, the key here is it is fairly in expensive...

my '04 Sportster uses lever with circular cover over 3 ball bearings and ramp setup,
img_02272.jpg

see below for details...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/transmiss...rain/2037-e_z_pull_clutch_for_sportsters.html

Mz Bling had the Mueller Easy Pull installed on her '06 Custom Sportster. Our Indy Co. actually replaced the 3 balls on the Mueller with the 3 from her original ramp. That might be something to consider. I think they might of been slightly bigger. NewHD74 might be able to explain the reason for that. He was helpful in Mz Bling's dilemma of the clutch being to hard to operate. Also, we had her original clutch lever heated and bent in closer which helped a lot. (Chromed to match the chromed brake lever and the......etc.)

I realize that my questions are 4 years late but I am slow...lol. I have a 2004 Sportster 883 Hugger. I know nothing about a motorcycle other then where and when to get service. I have recently had to stop riding my bike because of arthritis in my left thumb. My son rides a 2012 Ninja and I can pull his clutch with ease.
Questoion:
1. Will installing this clutch really make shifting easier.

2. Can someone give us definitive instructions with illustrations because we would like to do it ourselves since having is done it to expensive. Or are there any videos of guys doing the installation.

Thanks

I realize that my questions are 4 years late but I am slow...lol. I have a 2004 Sportster 883 Hugger. I know nothing about a motorcycle other then where and when to get service. I have recently had to stop riding my bike because of arthritis in my left thumb. My son rides a 2012 Ninja and I can pull his clutch with ease.
Questoion:
1. Will installing this clutch really make shifting easier.

2. Can someone give us definitive instructions with illustrations because we would like to do it ourselves since having is done it to expensive. Or are there any videos of guys doing the installation.

Thanks

Or look into a hydraulic clutch...

Back