free website stats program more ironhead tips | Harley Davidson Forums

more ironhead tips

rebel55

Banned
wish there was more tech tips on the 81 ironhead sporty its not like most ironheads best way to put it is the 81 is hd's problem child
:bigsmiley30:

wish there was more tech tips on the 81 ironhead sporty its not like most ironheads best way to put it is the 81 is hd's problem child
:bigsmiley30:

I used to have an '82 XLS. Was the 25th anniversary of the Sporty. Same motor as yours. That thing just never ran right. Was working on it more than riding it. Had it for about 25 years, and didn't miss her when I sold it.

yep i know that and its very hard to find parts for. can find 1975 to 1980 then from 1982 to 1985 all day long but the 1981 is very hard to find any thing for ive been trying to find cam thrust washers for over a week now ever since got back from my trip got back on sept 3rd or 4th and cant find any can have some made but they will cost 180 dollars a peice
:wall

yep i know that

but I didn't know that you already know that or I wouldn't have told you stuff that you already know. I don't know what you already know. Do you know what I mean??? :p

and its very hard to find parts for. can find 1975 to 1980 then from 1982 to 1985 all day long but the 1981 is very hard to find any thing for ive been trying to find cam thrust washers for over a week now ever since got back from my trip got back on sept 3rd or 4th and cant find any can have some made but they will cost 180 dollars a peice
:wall

and actually I always had a very hard time finding parts for my '82. '57 - '81 or '83 to present were no problem, but the '82 was in between when Harley was in the process of buying the company back from AMF. Ebay was very helpful for aftermarket parts, as the dealers were no help at all, and couldn't or wouldn't even attempt to work on it. They have no clue about the old Ironheads.
Hope I didn't tell you more stuff that you already know :D

well now that we all know what we know lmaorof and jack its j&p vintage cattolog page #142 part# 433-622
:59:

Back