Monster Ovals installed

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Ozoneman, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Ozoneman

Ozoneman Active Member

Got my Vance and Hines Monster Ovals installed and they sound great! With my recently installed V&H dresser duals they are just the right amount of loudness. After installing my dresser duals and the SE 211 cams my old Samson Ovals were just too loud. I think these Monster Ovals will be just right. And for those of you that don't think they are loud enough, tell the guy that owns the parked car I road by today that had his alarm go off after I passed by.

Here are some before and after pictures of my pipes.

Before, Samson Ovals
    [​IMG]

After Monster Ovals
    [​IMG]

Another pic of Monster Ovals
    [​IMG]

2. caseyleiser

caseyleiser Active Member

I hear ya, I,ve got two cars parked in my driveway. Every time I pull the bike in the alarms go off. Love my monsters.

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Casey, you had me going for a moment about his monster ovals being loud, until the last sentence...BC is pretty far away from Indy! :bigsmiley20:

4. Sharky1948

Sharky1948 Junior Member

Nice looking! Glad you like them!

They look kind of familiar...

5. Ozoneman

Ozoneman Active Member

They not only look awesome, they are awesome weighing in at about 12 pounds a piece. They are twice as heavy as my old slipons!:shock

6. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

5 more psi. in the shocks:D

7. Fireguy

Fireguy Active Member

The only thing I would not do with the tips is turn them over to make it a slash up. I did it and scraped to tip when I turned and hit a bump. V&H sent me another and put it back the way I got it.

8. Ozoneman

Ozoneman Active Member

Hahaha:bigsmiley20:

Yeah, do you miss them yet!

Although they aren't the loudest ones out there, I can't believe your wife didn't think they were loud enough. Today my wife said she liked my loud Samsons. I guess women like really loud pipes! After riding all day today, she admitted the Monsters sounded good.

9. Ozoneman

Ozoneman Active Member

I rode all day today and not once did they drag. My buddy that was riding behind me said they looked like they were just a fraction of an inch from scrapping when I took some twisties though.

10. Joe2007ultra

Joe2007ultra Active Member

Just Curious. Do they meet EPA Noise?