free website stats program Monkey Butt: Which Powder is the BEST? | Harley Davidson Forums

Monkey Butt: Which Powder is the BEST?

Which powder is the BEST?

• Baby Powder?

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Cornstarch?

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Gold Bond?

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Monkey Butt (bot at HD Dealers)?

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other?

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BuzzCap7

Monkey Butt. Riding in hot weather and/or long rides........your butt gets hot/moist and u get prickly heat stuff. Reddish, pimples, just uncomfortable.

This is abt which POWDER not which clothing like underarmour, etc... JUST which powder.

Which powder works BEST to help prevent Monkey Butt?

Thank you all in advance!

BuzzCap7

Tried MB & GB - prefer GB a bit more...seemed to last longer & has nice "cooling" effect. Always have small bottle in bag...works great!

Anything is better then nothing, even a trip into the Dollar store and get some powder to help you out.
Ken

I have tried th MB, did not work well for me. This one was suggested by my pharmacist and works very well. It comes in both Standard and Anti-Fungal versions.

Attachments

• Zeasorb.jpg
    Zeasorb.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 78
I have tried th MB, did not work well for me. This one was suggested by my pharmacist and works very well. It comes in both Standard and Anti-Fungal versions.

TY.

Do u use that with a moisture wicking underwear like amorguard as well? Amourguard said u can and it will not effect the wicking.

BuzzCap7

TY.

Do u use that with a moisture wicking underwear like amorguard as well? Amourguard said u can and it will not effect the wicking.

BuzzCap7

I have used both regular and wicking underwear and works just as well either way.

I know your thread asked about powders but here is another item I use after seeing R. Bingham use one and it helps even more than the powder to keep you dry.

BeadRider - Beaded Motorcycle Seats

Using both products at the same times works even better.

I have used both regular and wicking underwear and works just as well either way.

I know your thread asked about powders but here is another item I use after seeing R. Bingham use one and it helps even more than the powder to keep you dry.

Ok, excuse the dumb question but, I have 29" inseem and sit an '09 Ultra Classic that I love. Hard to reach the ground. Will the beaded seat make me sit higher? Or maybe it will press into the stock cushioned seat? Maybe both? Do u have a good guess b4 I buy one?

BuzzCap7

I have not needed any powder since using the beaded pad from Bead Rider. I've been using them for at least 4 years now. Summers here in Texas can get HOT! I have ridden on 105+ degree days without chaffing or heat rash. The beads provide airflow to your bottom to keep it from getting to hot. It is also very comfortable and I have ridden 700+ miles in one day with them.
I have an almost full can of MB that has been sitting in my cabinet now for 4 years.:beach
Ok, excuse the dumb question but, I have 29" inseem and sit an '09 Ultra Classic that I love. Hard to reach the ground. Will the beaded seat make me sit higher? Or maybe it will press into the stock cushioned seat? Maybe both? Do u have a good guess b4 I buy one?

BuzzCap7
Yes they will raise you up a little bit, probably about 1/2".

I can't tell that it makes me sit higher in the saddle. I will say that I enjoy it being there enough during the hotter months that I would make other adjustments to compensate for the extra height if it were an issue.

It works so well that when it gets cold in the winter months I will sometimes take it off as there is enough flow between you and the seat that it will cool you down to much.......

Back