free website stats program moisture/dirt streaks inside guages | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

moisture/dirt streaks inside guages

I brought this issue up to the local dealer who is a pretty decent business person and he told me that the MOCO will not pay to fix anything that is visible that can't be seen from over 3 feet away. Don't know how much of this is true but the instrument issue has been around for a long time and that you can see sitting on the bike so why shouldn't this be addressed in some way?

Just wanted to let you all know my dealer called and said they would warranty the speedometer. I have had very good luck with Black Hills Harley Davidson, they've treated me well.

Have a great 4th and remember our troops are still fighting for our freedom.

B-1

Are the same issues prevalent in aftermarket tachs/speedos? Seen a few (digital) for upwards of $500. Would be mighty upset if I layed out that kinda cash and they fogged up.

AJ

Folks, I took my bike in to Republic HD here in Stafford TX and they will be replacing the Speedo and Tach due to streaking on the inside with no problems! Cant believe it. Service manager said it would take a few weeks for them to come in b/c they had to order the replacement with like mileage on the speedo. They were willing to let me take bike and guess at my mileage but I told them to keep it until it was fixed. I can live without it for a few weeks if they are going to replace them under warranty. Besides we are getting some much needed rain and cant ride anyway.

I am happy to report I picked up my bike from Republic HD in Stafford TX today. They replaced the Tach and Speedo with no prob. The mechanic told me they were not sealed properly from the factory. Thanks B-1B Guy for bringing this up, I never would have thought to bring this up to HD.

No problem, I'm getting my speedo swapped out when I take my scoot in for the 10K service. I'm glad they warrantied it for ya, my dealer did as well.

Lots of folks getting hurt around here this year.....more bikes here for the Sturgis rally than I can remember, other than the 100th.

Back