free website stats program modify stock exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

modify stock exhaust

I got a set of recored factory mufflers from Ebay for a $100. I am very pleased with them. I can feel the difference in the seat of my pants and the sound is right for me. No big money and I still have my original mufflers set aside collecting dust.

I would not do anything to the stock pipes. I thought about it and then decided to get a set of Wild Pig Slip-ons. I sure am glad I kept my stock pipes intact. The Wild Pigs sound really nice, but oh man on a long ride, I think I lost some of my hearing. I guess it would not have been so bad if I didn't have a fairing, but all that sound with a fairing is just way to much.

KEEP EM STOCK MAN. You won't regret it.

To ad to what has been said already, they will sound crummy too. At first you'll like it but after riding a while you realize you made a mistake.

I've seen many make this mistake and regret it afterward.

I agree I could have got a good set of slip on's for what I paid for my (edit). I vote for an E-Bay delay botton.

Lets add this up
truedual convertion kit $169.00
X&X pipes $201.00
Now I had to get a PC111 usb
$145.00 ebay deals sometimes are good
Stage1 air cleaner $51.00

That is $566.00 I bet i could have done better If I would have read more. not inculding a dyno tune LOL to be fair to the sellers I took out the name I may just have buyers reget

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
B&E Performance does it all of the time. They take stock take-off's and change the baffles in them. They sound great and that's what I'm doing to my '07 RK Classic.

As anyone modified the stock exhaust on a 09 Road king?

I thought of this for my 2009 NEW road king... JUST happened on to your question... I was JUST READY to post the same....

I do or DID welding at my own business.... Still have everything ....

Thought to AIR_ARC the restriction I see in the MAIN muffler....then install and listen...

The main one looks to have a restrictive tongue that will be easy to remove with a long carbon arc.... OFF BIKE ......

I have done this with a dyna set of mufflers but got a tinny sound that i didn't care for.

then maybe play with the little guy.... not sure how it works or whats inside of it..... ANYBODY KNOW ABOUT THIS ONE ??? I see the restriction is a lot different in it...

AGAIN ASKING Has anybody tried this??? PLEASE post back if you have.....

signed....BUBBIE

To ad to what has been said already, they will sound crummy too. At first you'll like it but after riding a while you realize you made a mistake.

I've seen many make this mistake and regret it afterward.

Even with my ability to apart and together ...I decided to box my old and go with the NEW... V&H slip-ons #16751... take -offs when a fellow buying a new bike wanted it on the quiet side ....20 miles and he was back for the stock ones... 350$ for me plus tax (saved 50$ or so)

I like the deep rumble and imagine they will get a little LOUDER (which I want) when the burn out by 6 mos.

Noted harley has done a lot of GOOD things since even my 06 sport R..

The SIMPLE attachment of the MUFFLERS, SADDLE BAGS and easy adjustment of the BELT using a set of cams both (FIXED) turn in or out for adjustment and alignment is always set straight...

I found no need to remove the safety snap ring on axle nut ,,, LOOSEN the nut enough for the adjustment without removal worked on my bike. 2009 FLHR

AS ALWAYS GLIDER "thank you" for your down to earth GOOD sense and valued opinion...

signed....BUBBIE

Back