free website stats program Modification 2004 super glides headlight | Harley Davidson Forums

Modification 2004 super glides headlight

hdlover

Can any one help me to find a way to modify 2004 superglide's small sportster style headlight and visor to a larger chrome light. Please be inexpensive, i dont have too much money tp spend for this modification.

thanks...

Hmmmm, It is an expensive modification. Don't know what they cost, but the head light on my Superglide T-Sport mounts to the bottom of the triple tree. So I guess you could change out the bottom tree bracket for one for an FXDXT.

Johalber

hi hdlover,

Same problem for me, there are after market kits available but you still (probably) have to drill a hole yourself in the tree to install. But the problem is, drilling a hole in the tree is probably not a good idea as it may compromise the structural integrity of the front end. It may be a better idea to buy a new tree say for a low rider that has the mount already in it.

Karthy

I own a 2002 superglide and has the same problem, I don't know if the 2004 headlight mounts to the top or bottom. If it mounts on the bottom to the cross brace on your forks then you can change it quick and easy, buy lights on ebay its cheap. If the headlight and visor mount to the top for 2004, guess what your screwed, just like me. The only way to get around this is to change out the forks, or take a chance and drill a hole in the brace and hope it doesn't take the strength out of the brace, if you find a drill bit that will go through the brace metal.

Diljera

More riders with same problem, I am also having the same problem. I researched this for a long time, and it came down to either changing out my front end to a wideglide, but its too expensive or satisfy with what I have.

I want the wide glide front end, but I don't have enough cash to do that and I would have to go through my other half to do this also. So, I found a chrome visor and a chrome headlight bucket, both off ebay and installed them. This changed the look, a little bit. I also took the turn signals off the handle bars and moved them to the fork brace. This makes a big difference, it looks alot better now.

Think this will help all....

Back