Model boat

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by Hoople, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

A little off topic but you hit a nerve!

Attached Files:

2. grappleman

grappleman Member

Re: tfi findings

:):)
    ha yes yes yes . that is awesome. if we had to go off topic that is a fun direction to go. looks awesome. top speeds?

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Love the Arenson type drive with the cleaver prop! :D

4. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Yes it is fun! It's a Mono hull and so far top speed is 54mph using a Stalker radar.
    The Pro's can get that hull in the low 60's. But I am just a weekend worrier.:p

5. grappleman

grappleman Member

i love it. are they all bolt on attributes, or have you done some per hand modifications?

6. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

It only looks big but no, it's 47" and weights in at almost 17 lbs. It is amazing that the engine is only 1 cubic inch and it will fly on a calm day.

7. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

It is almost all custom. You start with a bare hull and install and modify almost everything. There are no directions for anything. You have 2 choices. Either copy someone's else work or blaze new territory. I would have to say in a completed boat there must be over 200 different specialty companies each making just that 1 special part you need. It's a crazy Hobby and just like anything there are people that take it to the absolute max.

I am glad this Forum came along! :p

8. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

Hoople,

If that PUPPY gets out of sight and too far away, Is there a HOMING device or how does that work....

signed....BUBBIE:D

9. HarryB737

HarryB737 Junior Member

Very Cool !!

10. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Some people build boats with no safety at all. To me that is crazy. On this one, I can kill the engine from shore or if I loose radio range, the engine will kill on its own. It's best to keep it within 100 yards or so. :s