bank account.

*Moral of the lesson*:
Do not disclose the relationship between you and the people in your contact
list. Avoid using names like Home, Honey, Hubby, Sweetheart, Dad, Mom,
etc.... And very importantly, when sensitive info is being asked through
texts, CONFIRM by calling back. Also, when you're being text by friends or
family to meet them somewhere, be sure to call back to confirm that the
message came from them. If you don't reach them, be very careful about
going places to meet 'family and friends' who text you.

At least I won't have that problem.I just got a new Blackberry world edition and I have problems punching numbers into it,let alone program contact lists in:(

Steve, I recently got a blackberry, not the world edition, other than tiny buttons, I have found it pretty cool. I just wish I could change my message notifier. :D

Steve, I recently got a blackberry, not the world edition, other than tiny buttons, I have found it pretty cool. I just wish I could change my message notifier. :D

Joy,I have thick,stubby fingers and they just don't work well with the Blackberry,if I hadn't been told I had to take it because all of the other phones on my business package ran on that data package I would have kept my old phone.At least I could pick it up and phone someone without innadvertantly connecting to the internet. And what the heck is with not being able to just use a phone unless you create your Blackberry E-Mail address?:(

With so many numbers and passwords to keep track of i have to keep a list of them (i have around 150 passwords that I need to use on a monthly basis for work) i have a method for encodling the list so even if someone gets the list, the numbers are not simply there. somewhat like a cipher.

My iPhone has a password just to get to the phone/software. Then I have software that is password coded to get into the program that hold my passwords and then when I need a password, yes, again I need to type in a password. Three deep on my phone, but it's worth it for I live with the iPhone information that it contains. I remember my access passwords by having a password there I replace the e's with 3, I's with 1, S's with a 5 etc..etc.. seems to help. (i.e. bikerboy would be b1k3rb0y)
Ugly John

ive got a mobile phone that can make and recieve phone calls i managed to do a text from it once took about 1/2 hour to say a couple of words
so decided to stick to voice

Brian

Joy,I have thick,stubby fingers and they just don't work well with the Blackberry,if I hadn't been told I had to take it because all of the other phones on my business package ran on that data package I would have kept my old phone.At least I could pick it up and phone someone without innadvertantly connecting to the internet. And what the heck is with not being able to just use a phone unless you create your Blackberry E-Mail address?:(
Hmmm, I don't think I had to create a blackberry email.....unless they did it at the phone store & I don't know about it. I won't say that didn't happen. I have since put my general emails on there, that is the only way I can stay caught up these days. I hope to play with it some soon. I walked out the door with the phone, skipped most of the settings for set up & just used the phone until I had some time to mess with it a bit. (I had to exchange phones the night before I ended up going out of town for my mother-in-laws funeral).

As far as staying off the web, I moved that icon & set mine up to have the calender, volume control & address book on the main screen by moving icons around. If I learn any other tricks, I'll PM you the info. A buddy at work just got one for him & his wife & I figure his wife will have the bells & whistles figured out soon, then he will relay them to me. :s

Hmmm, I don't think I had to create a blackberry email.....unless they did it at the phone store & I don't know about it. I won't say that didn't happen. I have since put my general emails on there, that is the only way I can stay caught up these days. I hope to play with it some soon. I walked out the door with the phone, skipped most of the settings for set up & just used the phone until I had some time to mess with it a bit. (I had to exchange phones the night before I ended up going out of town for my mother-in-laws funeral).

As far as staying off the web, I moved that icon & set mine up to have the calender, volume control & address book on the main screen by moving icons around. If I learn any other tricks, I'll PM you the info. A buddy at work just got one for him & his wife & I figure his wife will have the bells & whistles figured out soon, then he will relay them to me. :s

Thanks Joy:D

Back