free website stats program mobil 1 v twin oil | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

mobil 1 v twin oil

Mobil 1 V Twin oil on sale at Advanced Auto for 7.99 a qt. until the 31 of March

While visiting relatives in Michigan, I spotted an Advanced Auto and picked up 8 qts at the $7.99 sale price.

Thanks Kemo for the heads up :)

Do you think the Mobil 1 v twin is as good or better than the amsoil motorcycle oil ?
I run the Amsoil 20w50 in our bikes engines and primary cases and I run the Mobil 1 synthetic 75w140 gear oil in the trans. I run the Amsoil because the HD dealer just over the line in PA sells it for $10.75 qt. And that's cheaper than HD's Syn 3. Still wish I knew what was in the syn3. If it's pure synthetic or a blend?

Syn 3 is a blended oil. It is not a full syntethic oil. A lot of people don't like the way that Amsoil is ditributed, and find Mobil 1 vtwin easier to obtain. I was a preferred custumer for Amsoil which meant that I paid for a membership and then I could order my Amsoil products at wholesale prices but I never really knew what my cost was for a single bottle of oil if I had a mixed order of products, because of different shipping weights etc.
kemo

Thanks for the post. I didn't see it until yesterday (31st), so I went to the 2 local Advanced Auto and bought all they had. Got 20 quarts, so I should be good for a little while.

Just found M1 V-twin 20W-50 for 9.49 at the local Autozone my local MC shop wants 15.49 a qt. Had to print out a pic for the wife she will be picking it tomorrow for me along with some M1 75 /90W for the tranny. Now I just need a good torque wrench. Walmart only has the 10w 40 now.

Thanks Glider , I've spent the last 4 nights reading post and watching videos. My service manual should be here Fri then its time to get into things. Had to borrow a couple of torque wrenchs from the guys down at the shop till I can buy my own.

It looks like the sale is still going at Advance Auto Parts

Free shipping over $75 and if you spend over $100, use promotion code PS20 to get an additional 20% off. That's only $6.39 a quart!! I just ordered enough for 4 oil changes (16 quarts) and it was just under $103.

Back