free website stats program Mobil 1 V-Twin not available in Europe | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mobil 1 V-Twin not available in Europe

Just got off the phone with Redline corp..

Karl,

You are spot on with your choice of Redline Lightweight with Shockproof...
They also had the information for the 80 weight gear-oil with Shockproof recommended for Sportster Primary/Tyranny applications.. I'm going to try it.

The only thing is IF it gets Too Hot over there, Being a 75w 140 it will withstand High Temps..
I still like to use the HEAVY as it is a 75w 250...

Just a little MORE Heat protection in My book...

NOW BACK to Mobil 1 ....

signed....BUBBIE

Hi Bubbie
Thanks for checking it, very much appreciated!
Funny how sometimes some things just feels right - on the first ride; as soon as that tranny got warmed up a bit, it just clicked into gears (as opposed to the normal clunking). The most noticable is that I can now find neutral from 2nd gear, which I was never able to do with my old tranny and Harley oil...

There is an auto parts shop nearby that sells RedLine products. Today (sat) is some sort of anniversary, so they have 20% off - that is 20% down from extortional prices.
As a convert, I am now off to buy 4 qts of the High perf 20W50 motor oil (they don't have the V-twin), and a quart of MTL for the primary. The MTL is going straight in today, but the motor oil will have to sit on the shelf for a bit longer (I use mineral oil for running it in).

Hi Bubbie
Thanks for checking it, very much appreciated!

There is an auto parts shop nearby that sells RedLine products. Today (sat) is some sort of anniversary, so they have 20% off - that is 20% down from extortional prices.
As a convert, I am now off to buy 4 qts of the High perf 20W50 motor oil (they don't have the V-twin), and a quart of MTL for the primary. The MTL is going straight in today, but the motor oil will have to sit on the shelf for a bit longer (I use mineral oil for running it in).

IF you mean the 20/50 blue label Redline, It will work Fine..I've use it when it was in the red bottle. Just not quite as much anti wear in it as in the V-twin marked bottles..... The engineer at redline told me years back(when they change labels and started Marking for V-twins on the label) saying he would continue using the oil I was using for years,,,,, the 20/50 Redline blue label oil.

He asked me? Have you ever had any problems using redline 20/50 oil?
NO was the answer so i continued to use it today.. He assured me that there wasn't that much More anti wear in the v-twin product..

Glad you found some Good Stuff..

signed....BUBBIE

Hi Bubbie
Yup, that's the blue label I got today - it says : High Performance 20W50.
I did also pick up a bottle of Shockproof Heavy, as I got interested in the difference between it and the Lightweight.

My tranny is new, and I'll do a tranny oil change soon as well. I might try out the Heavy then just for comparison...

Back