free website stats program Mobil 1 V-Twin not available in Europe | Harley Davidson Forums

Mobil 1 V-Twin not available in Europe

karlsbike

Following recommendations from respected members right here, I wanted to get hold of Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W50 Syn. As was not able to find it anywhere I contacted ExxonMobil in Europe. Their (very quick) response:

Quote:
"Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 is sold in North America, but not in Europe.
You can find current ExxonMobil recommendation for your engine on internet using the product selector:
Mobil Norway | Car Engine Oils | Engine Oil Recommendation
Generally speaking, it's Mobil 1 Racing 4T 15W-50 recommended for Harley-Davidson in Europe.

Best regards
Aron Leonhardt
THD Engineer
This email is sent on behalf of :
ExxonMobil Lubricants & Specialties, division of ExxonMobil Petroleum & Chemicals B.V.B.A., Antwerpen, Belgium
"
Unquote

Anyone has opinions/recommendations/experience with the Mobil Racing 15W50?

Can you get the BETTER (can of worms to suggest) REDLINE synthetics over there?

I thought Redline was easily available over in UK areas... But harder to get in the USA...

I personally would stick with Red if I were there and Had a vote in this matter.

signed....BUBBIE

Look at redline racing oil(google) as it Does state about IT's use(racing oil) and it should be No different in "stating warnings" if needed for the mobil racing oil.... I think they suggest to change out more often.

That rebate offer is going to be NICE when I go stock up this weekend - THANKS!

Oh wait... Auto Zone isn't one of the listed dealers to validate the rebate... dangit lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone has opinions/recommendations/experience with the Mobil Racing 15W50?

You can get Mobile 1 v Twin 20/50, but it's not easy.

Find an independent shop that can order stuff with Zodiac in the Netherlands

Google Zodiac Motorcycle.

They also carry Spectro products, such as primary and tranny oil.

It's not cheap.. 4 litres Mobil + Spectro 6 speed tranny + Primary oil
costs me over 120 euro

That rebate offer is going to be NICE when I go stock up this weekend - THANKS!

Oh wait... Auto Zone isn't one of the listed dealers to validate the rebate... dangit lol

Hey Kajun,

Auto Zone stopped carrying Mobil 1 20W50 here!! :devil

CatWoman

Hey Kajun,

Auto Zone stopped carrying Mobil 1 20W50 here!! :devil

CatWoman

Actually Kajun,

I take that back, Auto Zone stopped carrying Mobil 1 Gear Oil here they still carry the 20W50, but they keep it in back.

Sorry if I caused any confusion or anxiety....I'm still not happy about the Gear Oil situation, tho'.

CatWoman

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you get the BETTER (can of worms to suggest) REDLINE synthetics over there?

I thought Redline was easily available over in UK areas... But harder to get in the USA...

I personally would stick with Red if I were there and Had a vote in this matter.

signed....BUBBIE

Look at redline racing oil(google) as it Does state about IT's use(racing oil) and it should be No different in "stating warnings" if needed for the mobil racing oil.... I think they suggest to change out more often.

Hey Bubbie

Following your recommendations, I got hold of Redline Shockproof Lightweight for my new 6-speed tranny. I've heard of others having a 'tight' feel with these Ultima gearboxes but mine is smooth as silk - your tip much appreciated!
Now, onto motor oil - what is the name of the Redline full syn you use?

Hey Bubbie

Following your recommendations, I got hold of Redline Shockproof Lightweight for my new 6-speed tranny. I've heard of others having a 'tight' feel with these Ultima gearboxes but mine is smooth as silk - your tip much appreciated!
Now, onto motor oil - what is the name of the Redline full syn you use?

Well I do differ on the tyranny as I use the HEAVY not the light weight..

On the motor oil, I use their regular,,, redline 20/50 (blue label) but you can also use the 20/50 redline saying V-Twin,,, as it does have a Little More additive for wear in it.. AND Probably a few more $$$$..

I'd double check the tyranny Light Weight as IT May be too light for a harley tyranny... I would suggest the Shockproof HEAVY..... THICK and SMOOOTHs out the operation and is quiet..

Also MTL in the primary and they do have the "primary V-twin" for a little more$$ STILL MTL is what it is and less $$

signed....BUBBIE

Hi Bubbie

Hard to miss ;) that you are using the Shockproof Heavy. My point was your support for the product itself, with cool climate adoption.
Shockproof Lightweight: Film thickness greater than an SAE 75W140, yet low fluid friction like 80W gear oil or 30W motor oil.

Sounds pretty good for my application, and the feel is sweet... I know it is the perfect oil now with our cool mornings and moderate mid-day temps, but the question is if it gets too light in the middle of summer (it gets hot here as well, eventually)

karlsbike,

I will call Redline in California, Friday and talk with the Engineer/Tech for some information as I don't know the limits of the Light Weight you are using.

I need to ask them a few questions about the shockproof they recommend for my sport tyranny/primary combination (with shockproof). I have been using the Formal + since I had some work HD did for FREE out of Warranty a long while back...Kept using the HD formal+ but now ready to go back to redline.

I will send you a PM and put out some information here for others to read..

I have ONLY used the heavy in All my Big bikes.
I do ride down to 30*+ and I've have no problem riding and shifting my bike with the Heavy but your specks sound like enough protection in the Light Weight product for the COOL temps.. I'll double check with them and get back..

Thanks for your response

signed....BUBBIE

Back