free website stats program Mobil 1 V-Twin 20-50 in all three holes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mobil 1 V-Twin 20-50 in all three holes

tryin to learn on how to use this page so excuse me if I answer or ask a question in the wrong box or place. Any way I use HD syn oil all the same and now wonder if I should change it up? I ride mine like I stole it all the time not by choice but she just likes to ride. Which liquid is for us?

tryin to learn on how to use this page so excuse me if I answer or ask a question in the wrong box or place. Any way I use HD syn oil all the same and now wonder if I should change it up? I ride mine like I stole it all the time not by choice but she just likes to ride. Which liquid is for us?

Follow the link the Tank gave you, its been discussed back and forth for a long time now.

I use Mobil 1 vtwin 20/50 in the engine,
Spectro heavy duty in the primary,
Spectro HD Platinum 6 in my 5 speed tranny,

never been happier.

I have to special order all that from an indy, my Harley dealer wont do it for me, costs about $150 for that order, nice to be in Europe.

As Smitty and others have said, why use engine oil where gear oil should go or slippery 100% Synthetic oils with friction modifiers on an oil wetted clutch...why would H-D provide 3 holes and then turn around and use same lubricant in all three holes. Each hole has different needs and priorities...transmission does not encounter combustion contaminants or wide temperature extremes, but plenty of splashing and meshing gear pressures. A lot of polls here regarding lube recommendations, but the bottom line is your ride, you decide...the consequences of your decision are yours alone, when you slam your cash on the table.

I use Mobil 1 in my bike with great results the only difference is I use Mobil 1 synthetic 75/90 gear lube in the trans & 20/50 v-twin oil in engine & primary . The main reason I use Mobil 1 products is because they are easy to find . I do a lot of road trips and there is no need to carry oil when I know that I can go to just about any auto parts store and pick up a quart of Mobil 1 v-twin oil , you can't do that with most of the other oil products .

yea i agee with useing gear oil for gears lol i've tried mobil-1 85w-140,spectro 85w-140,curently useing lucas 85w-140 dino beleave it or not the lucas shifts the smoothest so i think i'll stick with it. i've never tried anything outher than formula+ in my primary.leave the mobil1 20w50 in your crank case its good oil.

I go with the PROPER LUBE OIL for the Job..

Tranny NEEDS GEAR-OIL.(.) and I use Redline Shockproof Heavy,,,,, Many use Spectro.

Harley tried the Syn3 for 3 holes,,,,, BIG MISTAKE...

Like Jack K says NOUGH SAID

signed....BUBBIE

I would listen to Bubbie with his tried and trued methods:s

This is what I use now, mobil 1 v-twin 20w50 in engine, redline heavy shock-proof in trans, HD + in the primary.. I know that every body has their thoughts and ideas. Just wondering why they say mobile one in all three? I think I will stay the way I have been and just let others experiment with the other lubes. Thanks for the replys, I got the answers I thought I would get. So far I have 30,000 miles on the bike and no trouble with the lubes I use.

OH, And By the way 67wizard,,,, Did I Mention you are a LOT SMARTER than those GUYS that use Engine Oil in the TYRANNY

signed....BUBBIE

Back