free website stats program Mobil 1 V-Twin 20-50 in all three holes | Harley Davidson Forums

Mobil 1 V-Twin 20-50 in all three holes

67wizard

Some of the guys and a couple of the guys that work in one of the local Harley shop use Mobile 1 in all three holes. I hate to open a can of dead worms but what are your thoughts. Ya or Nay ?

The transmission needs a GL5 gear lube. Primary, your ok. Egnine you are right on!
I run spectro lubes each specific for the trans and primay and v-twin in the engine.
All the info you will ever need is in this forum. Just find it and read up.

I go with the PROPER LUBE OIL for the Job..

Tranny NEEDS GEAR-OIL.(.) and I use Redline Shockproof Heavy,,,,, Many use Spectro.

Harley tried the Syn3 for 3 holes,,,,, BIG MISTAKE...

Like Jack K says NOUGH SAID

signed....BUBBIE

This is what I use now, mobil 1 v-twin 20w50 in engine, redline heavy shock-proof in trans, HD + in the primary.. I know that every body has their thoughts and ideas. Just wondering why they say mobile one in all three? I think I will stay the way I have been and just let others experiment with the other lubes. Thanks for the replys, I got the answers I thought I would get. So far I have 30,000 miles on the bike and no trouble with the lubes I use.

Totally agree w/smitty...engine, tranny & clutching are designed different & their lubrication needs are based on optimum performance/duration. Engine oil is for motor, gear oil is for tranny, etc... I use what's recommended, but "nothing" from HD oil line-up ;)

I been using syn oil in trans for 6 years now NO prolbems ,dont know how many miles.it works for me

When I got the scoot, it had Syn3 in all 3 holes, and had done for most of its life (@ 10K mi). I put Spectrol Platinum GL5 in, and noticed great improvement and shift feel. At my 20K, I had them put in Redline Shockproof Heavy, since they did not have the Spectrol, and I noticed a nudge better shift performance and feel. I would be happy with either, but prefer the Redline.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I too ran mobil 1 in the tranny for a while as it states on their web site it is compatible. to be perfectly honest, i can't tell the difference now that i am using specto platinum. i tried to find out what data was being used to support the companies claim that it was suitable but was unable to find anything that would. would go back to it due to performance and cost but i am afraid of the long term affects.
harley

Back