free website stats program mobil 1 in the transmission | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

mobil 1 in the transmission

G'day Glider,
I have read many posts on oils, I have an 08 Fatboy and live in Australia (Down under), temperature im my area is 0 in winter and up to 45 degrees C (110 Farenheit) in the summer.
I am concidering going away from Genuine HD oil, don't thing they are as good as what they say.
What I am thinking of using is;
Engine , MobilOne V-Twin 20W50
Primary, Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 or V-Twin 20W50
Transmission, Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube LS 75W-140 or Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube LS 75W-90

I would like to keep to the one brand.
What do you think about the primary and Transmission oils I am considering.

WC

G'day Glider,
I have read many posts on oils, I have an 08 Fatboy and live in Australia (Down under), temperature im my area is 0 in winter and up to 45 degrees C (110 Farenheit) in the summer.
I am concidering going away from Genuine HD oil, don't thing they are as good as what they say.
What I am thinking of using is;
Engine , MobilOne V-Twin 20W50
Primary, Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 or V-Twin 20W50
Transmission, Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube LS 75W-140 or Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube LS 75W-90

I would like to keep to the one brand.
What do you think about the primary and Transmission oils I am considering.

WC

Good choices but just make sure of no "energy conserving" labels on the primary oils you choose and synthetics aren't needed in the primary. I suggest the HD Formula + in there. It's less costly and does the job fine in the primary.

What about the difference between the 90 wt and 140 wt for the transmission? Is there any advantage to using one over the other?

Back