free website stats program mobil 1 in the transmission | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

mobil 1 in the transmission

I also changed to Spectro for 6sp in the tranny last weekend. Noticed a change in the way she shifted right away. Thanks Glider. Also I'm using Mobil V-Twin 20-50 per Glider and noticed yesterday since it got to 86 here, my engine seems to run cooler. Again, thanks Glider. HD Formula + still goes in the primary. I might try the Redline per Smitty next change, but the way she shifts now, I might just stick with the Spectro.

I use Mobil 1 75-90 in my trans with no problems :D . There may be better products out there but they are harder to get IMO . I travel alot & that is why I use all Moble 1 products , I use the V-Twin 20-50 in the motor & primary . You can get Mobil 1 V-Twin & gear lube oil at just about any auto parts store & I know all the Auto Zone stores carry it . I went to Spectro dealers & tried to get there products & they did not carry the primary oil & told me I would have to buy it by the case for them to order it & no one around me carrys Redine products . So it is Mobil 1 for me , IMO it is a good product that is easy to get just about anywhere I go :s

Yesterday went riding and that afternoon comming home something just wasnt rite could not put my finger on it ,Then it hit me no more 5th gear whine what the,Been running M1 oils since 1000 miles, About 700 miles ago changed fluids and instead of 75-90 gear oil tried 75-140 rite off shifted smoother and a lot less noise. Now this I was used to it whine let me know i was in 5th lol.

i have been running mobil 1 20-50 in all three with no problems.

Try some spectro gear oil or even Mobil 1 gear oil and you'll see the difference. Motor oil is for motors not gears because of the shear of the molecules that happens with gears. It breaks down pretty fast.

Your gears will thank you :s

hd sells the se bikes with syn 3 in all 3 holes.
every metric bike i have had, uses one oil, why would there be a problem?

Back