free website stats program MityVac Brake Bleeder... | Harley Davidson Forums

MityVac Brake Bleeder...

Mavagrand

...is awesome. In all my 48 years I have never bled brakes as quickly or as cleanly as I just did with a MityVac. This thing is amazing. What's even better, I found it at Harbor Freight for 34.00. Great price for a great piece of hardware. It took me ten minutes on each caliper on my 08 EGC. It makes bleeding brakes truly an easy one man job. Anybody in central Florida need their brake fluid changed?? Hehehe

I have used my mityvac a few times when working on the car although i always seem to pull air bubbles into the tube as it does not give a perfect seal on the bleeders so i always finish in the old fashioned manual way but perhaps one day i will fully trust it as the manual finish shows no air

Brian

Bubbles in the tube is no problem as long as you keep a vacuum in the tube, the bubbles get pulled away from the calipers. My tube had bubbles in it too, but brakes are working great.

I tried a mighty van and thought it was pretty good. Recently I started using speed bleeders. Talk about making life easy! They have a check valve built in, fluid come out, no air goes in. I like this process better than the Mighty Vac.

I am not affiliated with speed bleeders, just really like the product.

I use the back bleed method. Learned it many years ago working on car/truck hydraulic clutches. You force the fluid from the bleeder up to the master.
I use a small (new and clean) hand pump oil can.:s

Back