free website stats program Missing carb part???? | Harley Davidson Forums

Missing carb part????

pike1612

I was reading gliders tech on the rejet suggestions to discover that i think im missing the AIR SCREW inside the front of the venturi of the carb(where the two small "ports" are on the cv carb.Im not talking about the IDLE MIXTURE SCREW.Im asking for verification that an AIR SCREW is supposed to be there and if so-i seem to be missing mine.:bigsmiley30:

Are you talking about the two openings to the left of the accelerator pump discharge here?

i167_4AAAF1D78EE14541BE0C4D484BB3DBE2.jpg

The one to the far left is the one in question-under magnification(to the best of my ability)i can see a small "componet" deep in the hole and what appears to be recessed threads?If it is missing that sure would clear up my 3 month carburetor debaucle:)

What problem are you having?

tn210s3.jpg

[FONT=arial, Century Gothic, sans]1. Slide Spring
2. Slide Diaphragm
3. Vacuum Slide
4. Vacuum Port
5. Needle Jet
6. Main Air Jet
7. Main Jet
8. Slow Jet
9. Idle Mixture Adjustment Screw
10. Throttle Plate

[/FONT] [FONT=arial, Century Gothic, sans]
tn211s3.jpg
[/FONT]

Well, thats good news and bad news..The good news is that what i thought to be a air jet isnt sitting on top of my piston:) but the bad news is my carburetor is still TORMENTING me beyond belief.for the life of me i dont know what im missing brother.I have read all the tech tips-done everything as instructed-and still have a stumble off idle.and at the same throttle position at highway speeds it "misses" bad.all other throttle positions perform magnificently......i dont get it.Thanks again brother :)

It's removable but no adjustments as you say. As long as it isn't blocked by something they usually give no problems.

Are you still having the problem of fuel coming out the overflow?

Back