free website stats program Missing bolt - 2010 FLSTC | Harley Davidson Forums

Missing bolt - 2010 FLSTC

Keithhu

Any thoughts on this one? I noticed it as I was covering the bike up.

Stuff Bucket - keithhu's Photos

I cant imagine it worked itself loose, I certainly didn't take it off. I dont think this comes off as part of the 1K service (meaning the dealer fogot to put it on)- ??

You'll find that open hole on a lot of bikes. Have no idea what it's used for, there was another post a while back on the same thing.

I'd be curious myself what it's used for, maybe a call to the MOCO to find out would be in order?

I can't speak for the MOCO but as a toolmaker sometimes holes are put in as a way to locate a machining process or to provide a hold for a machining process.

I have a similar hole on the right side of my bike.

I'm with HDDon on this one - I have always suspected it was due to the machinery when initially it was put together at the factory.

CatWoman :rider

I can't speak for the MOCO but as a toolmaker sometimes holes are put in as a way to locate a machining process or to provide a hold for a machining process.

I have a similar hole on the right side of my bike.

I'm with HDDon on this one - I have always suspected it was due to the machinery when initially it was put together at the factory.

CatWoman :rider

Could be, but if thats the case, would it be threaded?

Could be, but if thats the case, would it be threaded?

Some datum points used for location are threaded some are reamed I can only surmise what this hole is used for. Unless the MOCO will release their maschining steps we will probably never know. The question I have is why don't they put a plug in the hole--- plastic, chrome?

Back