free website stats program **Miss Piggy won't run** | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

**Miss Piggy won't run**

Use a bright flash light to look inside the tank at the area the dent was at. Maybe if the tank has a
liner / sealer, it may have flaked off and plugged the filter. Look for any settelment at the bottom of the tank.
Being your pump is out of the tank, another 15 minutes you can have the tank off to swish the gas around and dump it into a clean 5 gal bucket to see what comes out.
Get the tank in the sun to get the damaged area hot to the totch and use dry ice on a thin rag in that area to see if it will pop back out. This a trick that is used to pull hail stone dents out of roofs of cars.
Cut the filter open and see what is in it also.

Use a bright flash light to look inside the tank at the area the dent was at. Maybe if the tank has a
liner / sealer, it may have flaked off and plugged the filter. Look for any settelment at the bottom of the tank.
Being your pump is out of the tank, another 15 minutes you can have the tank off to swish the gas around and dump it into a clean 5 gal bucket to see what comes out.
Get the tank in the sun to get the damaged area hot to the totch and use dry ice on a thin rag in that area to see if it will pop back out. This a trick that is used to pull hail stone dents out of roofs of cars.
Cut the filter open and see what is in it also.

Joel...that mesh bag...is that the filter and then another metal canister filter? The mesh bag was clean looking, doesen't seem that anything could get past it.? The factory manual shows nothing about the mesh bag in parts diagram.
Thanks.

Good idea about the dry ice. Also...the vapor vent line coming off the top of the tank is VERY hard to blow through. I tried blowing from the other end also and still can't get air through. My cheeks were bulging out like a squirrel.
I need to get out there now and turn the pump on and go from there, then TRY to figure out the codes.
Thank you!

I turned fuel pump on and gas is squirting like crazy inside tank. Kind of looks like it came out of fuel line where it attaches to fuel filter. I cut a little of the end off...put it back on with hose clamp and gas still squirting. Really hard to tell where it squirts from cause it bounces off different parts.

Is there a cheaper replacement fuel line that I can use cause Harleys prices are just ridiculous...can't afford them.
I pulled a couple o-rings off and they look like new but I will replace with new ones.

The vapor fuel line>>>> if I blow like mad just a tiny tiny tiny bit of air will pass through.....I mean tiny. Did I say....tiny?

That small bag is a strainer, stops the big stuff, like the cardboard disc from the inside of a cap, the filter should be replaced while you replace the confiluted hose, most likely wrong spelling.
I had a 03 RKC and was having a lean condition, backfire problem, the dealer and the indy both said the fuel filter had nothing to do with it and neither had ever changed 1.
I had to order it and when I replaced it I cut the old 1 open and found it was packed with what looked like rust, never had a back fire on decal again after that.

I FIXED IT BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't barely tell where the gas was squirting from so I started at square one and took the small hose off that went to the filter, then put a temporary piece of rubber fuel line on. That baby started right up....and no squirting!!!! :eek::eek::eek::p:p:p;););)
I blew through the filter it was very clear. Put on a couple new 0-rings....and ordered a new hose. 9 bucks at J&P cycle....39 bucks at Harley. Being bottom of tank was pretty clean, I won't worry about the filter for now.
Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Joel!!

Could not tell you how many bikes were towed into shop either quit running or loss of power because of bad fuel hoses. Keep on keepin on.!!!!;)

Back