free website stats program **Miss Piggy won't run** | Harley Davidson Forums

**Miss Piggy won't run**

skizman

Hey! After I repaired Miss Piggy after the wreck, (02 Road King).....(after you guys helped me with parts) I put about 50 miles on her. She started to run like it ran out of gas but it wasn't. I just made it up my driveway into my shop. Today it won't even start.
Couple months ago I used compressed air to try to pop some dents out of the tank. Maybe I blew something or loosened something in the fuel system??
I pulled the fuel pump out of the tank and I can't visually see anything wrong. That mesh filter is clean. Not sure where to go from here.
Sure would appreciate any ideas from you gents!
Thank you!

Glad to hear your doing well enough to ride.
If the pump is out of the fuel tank did you replace the filter and flex hose?
When you cycle the ignition switch do you hear the fueI pump and with a flash light do you see fuel movement or spray inside the tank? If you can, do a fuel pressure test.

You could use a couple jumper wires while the pump is out to see if it runs. You may also use the original wiring for that. Just make sure you have 12VDC at the external connector.
tourbox

OK thanks. When I turn the ignition on, the fuel pump sounds sick compared to how it sounded when it was running good. Tomorrow I'll stick the pump partly in the tank and turn the ignition on to see it sprays gas inside or whatever. I think Advance auto parts will loan out a fuel pressure check gauge. That's the next step.
Thank ya!!!!

I second what Steve07 has said about plastic lines in tank. They are notorious for pin holes causing loss of fuel pressure...

If you still have the pump assembly out you may want to replace the hose now.
Even if it's ok now it's just a matter of time before it develops the pin holes.

As stated above a pressure test would be on my list of things to check.
Have you check for any codes?

I second what Steve07 has said about plastic lines in tank. They are notorious for pin holes causing loss of fuel pressure...
Yeah.....I have to order a new rubber gasket for the top, so I think it would be wise to order those two fuel lines too.

If you still have the pump assembly out you may want to replace the hose now.
Even if it's ok now it's just a matter of time before it develops the pin holes.

As stated above a pressure test would be on my list of things to check.
Have you check for any codes?

Now that's what I was wondering about. How do you check for codes? I need to find a code checker gadget?

Back