free website stats program Miserable end to the day | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Miserable end to the day

Larry, have used rope & plug types, they both work well. The new pocket plugger type is "supposed to be more reliable"...but I can't say which one works better. As far as inflator...the old style "in the sparkplug hole type" was VERY inconvenient, bicycle handpumps even worse. Electric inflator works good but is bulky (new tech ones are getting better, so the CO2 type is clean and easy, but a bit more expensive. Ya know I've (OTHERS) have tried 'em all and can probably weight-in...LOL, as that what this forum is all about!

Finally had new rear tire installed! Then had a nice ride. Weather is awsome this weekend. :D

SixPac...that is the real deal, not the lows but the highs, smiles per mile trumps most everything else along with lessons learned! :cheers

Reading about the plug & go options for you guys with the tubeless tires leaves me hoping the creative minds come up with a way to plug a hole in a tube while on the road.

Problem with hole in tire and tube is that the tube "walks" around a bit, so when you re-inflate, the holes would not line up, so putting a plug in would only poke another hole in there. Also if you experience a "blowout" the hole in the tube could be more like a tear and no plug would be able to seal that.

Now you see why tubeless tires have become standard fare and tube tires are a "dated" design for traditionalists. Even the spoke look tires you see nowadays are actually tubeless, the drop center is filled with epoxy to seal the works, and a tubeless tire mounts using the drop center to get both beads on and then with a *pop* they engage the sealing edge, like mag wheels.

Back