free website stats program Mirrors | Harley Davidson Forums

Mirrors

dogdad

Any suggestions for a new pair of mirrors for my RoadKing besides what HD offers? Definitely want tear drop shape as I can see more than what the oval offers. Don't want skull,flame ....just a nice clean chrome look. thanks

One of the first things I did to the Heritage was put longer stem mirrors on it. I found a good selection at "Motorcycle super store" web site. I've ordered several things from them & always have found them to be very reasonable & fast shipping.

One of the first things I did to the Heritage was put longer stem mirrors on it. I found a good selection at "Motorcycle super store" web site. I've ordered several things from them & always have found them to be very reasonable & fast shipping.

Just wondering --- With the longer stems , do you notice any more distortion with them than the standard length you had on it??

No, it seemed with the original mirrors, I could not get them to adjust to see properly. I was seeing more of my own shoulders than around & the traffic behind me. I bought regular ovals, & with the longer stems that cured that concern... No distortion

I have the split vision mirrors from HD. I like them alot. You can actually see what is behind you and off to the sides. They, also, don't look bad at all.

Dogdad

Take your bike to the dealer and try a fitment. I did this, they had several styles and shapes available and were more than happy to let me try them on the bike, no riding though, was done in the parking lot. Ended up ordering a pair of v-wing rectangular, good field of vision and I liked the theme.
Good hunting

I got a set of Kuryakyn magnum mirrors. Slotted stems and a rectangular mirror with a little visor effect on top. Had to loosen the retainers around the ball joint and lube it once then it was very easy to adjust.

Back