free website stats program Mirrors on batwing | Harley Davidson Forums

Mirrors on batwing

Vegas Sam

I have a 2011 Street Glide and want to add mirrors that sit out an extra 2" so I can see around my ample body, but what do I do with the present mirriors? Leave them or is there something that will fit those holds?

Sam

I have a 2011 Street Glide and want to add mirrors that sit out an extra 2" so I can see around my ample body, but what do I do with the present mirriors? Leave them or is there something that will fit those holds?

Sam

I blocked the openings with convex mirrors. really good for the blind spots.

7716_1161449033853_1156624144_30453435_1910136_n.jpg

zoood

I'm thinking of doing same as zoood...stock batwing fairing mirrors are sometning to be desired (non-functional). Like the bar mirrors much better...JMO.

Iceman if you do what I did. The mirrors back is flat and the inner fairing has a convex shaped surface. Before adhering the mirrors in place. I applied a 1/8th" bead of silicone around the inside of the diameter of the mirror's back. With it still being soft and the two sided tape that comes on the mirror's back side ready. I placed the mirror in its position on the inner fairing and with a finger. I sealed or smoothed that silicone bead all the ways around the mirror's edge. The reason for this. It will keep moisture and dirt from getting behind it.

zoood

I'm thinking of doing same as zoood...stock batwing fairing mirrors are sometning to be desired (non-functional). Like the bar mirrors much better...JMO.

i have a friend who took an '07 ultra and put street glide mirrors on it. he also put on the split vision mirrors with taller stalk extentions. nothing like a 180* panarama behind you.

Dr. Dolittle,

Do these mirrors actually extend out an inch or two more than the stock mirrors? That's my problem I need mirrors that extend out at least an inch more so I can see behind me. I have to shift my body to one side or the other to see behind me. Do you need to remove the fairing to install the split vision mirrors?

I do like the idea of keeping the stock look and not having mirrors sticking out but I feel I need to see behind me as a priority.

Sam

Back