free website stats program Mirrors for my FLHTCU | Harley Davidson Forums

Mirrors for my FLHTCU

KrecoLuke

Hi guys and gals,

I've a '07 FLHTCU with the batwing mirrors which I don't like. My arms and shoulders fill half of the glass making the rear view vision rather limited. Does anyone have the Kuryakn "dead spot" mirrors which replace these. I'm told they extend a little further giving better vision to the rear.
I'd not switch to the "post" type mirrors....I'd spend too much time looking behind me!
Thanks for your thoughts and ideas.

Happy Trails!

Luke

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same issue with my 08 EGC. Just bought and installed the fairing mounted mirrors from HD. Bought them from Rossmeyers in Ormond Beach for 51.00. it was a simple install, had to remove the outer fairing and required drilling four holes but was done in an hour. I really like the look of the mirrors, make the bike look more streamlined and now I don't even see my arms. These are the same mirror that are installed on the Street Glide if you want to compare. Good luck.

Hey, Mavagrand...
Thanks for your reply. The only one, too. I'm going to follow up on your idea and check'em out. The price sure beats Kuryaykn!

Luke.

I installed the HD post "double mirror". They are fantastic because I can move them to cover the fringe area both right and left so that nothing is out of my view, including a car almost next to me.

The added convex mirror to the outside edge of the regular mirror really works well, and I don't see myself except for very slight part of my jacket sleeve.

They give me much more confidence as a quick glance tells me what's up my butt or at my side immediately

BJ

Luke, your welcome. good luck with it and keep us posted. as a side note, I have put some miles on the bike and still like them..they actually make the fairing look (seem) smaller. Kuryakyn makes a chrome shell that encloses the back of these mirrors, I think I will pick those up just to make the mirror stand out a little bit..other than that I am completely satisfied with my purchase..plus I get the satisfaction of working on my own scoot.

Hey, Mavagrand...
Thanks for your reply. The only one, too. I'm going to follow up on your idea and check'em out. The price sure beats Kuryaykn!

Luke.

Hey Luke... if I'm not mistaken, he's talking about the same mirrors you already have? In your first post, you mention "batwing mirrors"... are you talking about the ones that are black and mounted on the inner fairing? If so... those are the same ones Mavagrand is mentioning.

If that's NOT what you're talking about... I'm curious about the "batwing mirrors" you have. Got a link or a pic or something?

I have the split vision from HD and I love em. I did have to do some adjusting though by rotating the switch housing because the mirrors were pointing down too low. I needed to do this anyway to change my hand position. It didn't take much adjusting may 1/4" movement but that worked great. You see so much more with these mirrors. Got em off Ebay.

Harley sells some mirror extenders that a customer of mine told me that work very well. might be a cheaper alternative to try.

Hey CD,
Yes, they are the stock mirrors that came with the bike. Black and mounted on the interior of the fairing. No extension past the edge of the fairing. I'm still staying with Kuryakyn as I've spent some time talking to them about this issue. Others seem to be satisfied with their purchases from Kuryakyn as they've not sent any back. Costly?...yes, but the relief of vision is worth in.

'Preciate your comments.

Luke

Back