free website stats program Minimum Age for a Passenger? | Harley Davidson Forums

Minimum Age for a Passenger?

Shelby6t7

I would like peoples opinion, and experiences with riding with children. My son is 6 years old and has been bugging me to take him for a ride (can't really blame him!). Is he too young still, or is he ready?

Thanks

I wouldn't take him on a main road but around a back road where you live would give him a treat. I felt uncomfortable with my grandson at 9 years old, things happen quickly and you have very little control when you are operating the bike over the rider.

That's where I had my grandson and I still felt uncomfortable. All it takes is one wrong move for them to get hurt.

Understand your concerns. Both my son and daughter started riding dirt bikes at a very young age. I got my son into racing at 5.

I have teken both kids ridding not at the sane time. I started when they were 7

My daughter now 9 is now a regular everyother weekend passenger as my sone is still very active racing with ex.

She even did Daytona this year with me....:)

A true daddy's girl

CROW

In my area if a child can't put his or her feet flat on the passanger pegs or floorboards than they can't ride.

My 9 year old son and 11 year old daughter are regular around town passengers. My 6 year old is strickly(sp?) an around the neighborhood passenger. I put a sissy bar on my bike just for them... and the wife. :grose

As long as thier feet reach the pegs is the rule of thumb law here.My grandson is 9 and the only problem with him is his inability to sit still,hes just gotta move around to watch whatever roll by,and wave "look at me on a Harley"to all and sundry.Otherwise,no problems.

I have pictures of myself sitting in between my mom and dad on my dad's Harley when i was about4 years old. They use to ride me around but it was only on country roads and people didn't seem to drive as wild back then as they do now. i guess it is all up to how you feel about it. I now have a 14, 12, 7 and newborn and the middle two love it.

Back